Tire changer question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks to me like a bead breaker. I'm no expert, but it seems there is a lot more to changing a tire than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks to me like a bead breaker. I'm no expert, but it seems there is a lot more to changing a tire than that.
Would need spoons or Mojo bar, rim protectors, etc. If a couple of tabs were welded to the bottom, it would be easy to bolt it to a length of 2" thin wall square tube, and stick it into a receiver hitch for portable use.

It is a great tool IMHO and simple. Very similar to the home-built one here https://www.no-scufftiretool.com/Tiresetup.html but already done. Put a piece of split garden hose around the top hoop, buy the no-scuff tire lever (got one, highly recommended), a spoon or two (long ones at Harbor Fright), and a balancer (the HF one works as good as any of the expensive ones). A couple of 12" woodworking clamps to squeeze the tire, and a smaller one for clamping on the rim to keep the tire from spinning. You'll end up spending over $200 to get all set up.