Tire pressure monitor systems - for bikes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyguy

Reaction score
I've seen that there are quite a few different systems out there. I thought I'd short circuit my usual exhaustive research methods (read getting lazy) and query the collective databank of brilliant minds here on the forum. This appears to be just too good an idea for vehicles whose ability to remain vertical is so directly tied to air pressure. And wit temp too! How cool!

If you know something, don't keep it a secret.

i've been using smartire for a about 50,000 trouble free kms and countless tire changes. have no experience with the others. i wouldn't be without it.

derek

Smartire myself as well, easy to install (Link for the lazy :rolleyes: )

During a tire change I pulled both wheels off and took them to cyclegear.

-They took off the old tires

-I brought home the wheels, cleaned them up installed some angled valve stems and the smartire sensors

-Brought them back to cyclegear to install the new tires

Best price I could find was from University Motors (~$175 delivered)

Basic install consists of a huge hose clamp that goes around the entire wheel holding on a ~3.5" sensor.

The sensors transmit the tire pressure wirelessly to the display unit mounted in your line of sight for any potential alarms.

I had no issues with wheel balance, no complaints, works great!

Install manual can be viewed here

Last edited by a moderator:
Smartire myself as well, easy to install (Link for the lazy :rolleyes: )During a tire change I pulled both wheels off and took them to cyclegear.

-They took off the old tires

-I brought home the wheels, cleaned them up installed some angled valve stems and the smartire sensors

-Brought them back to cyclegear to install the new tires

Best price I could find was from University Motors (~$175 delivered)

Basic install consists of a huge hose clamp that goes around the entire wheel holding on a ~3.5" sensor.

The sensors transmit the tire pressure wirelessly to the display unit mounted in your line of sight for any potential alarms.

I had no issues with wheel balance, no complaints, works great!

Install manual can be viewed here
+1... a great product. Have had it on three different bikes. Heard they aren't making them anymore for motorcycles but there's inventory still out there. Whatever system you go with remember, IT IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR PERIODICALLY CHECKING YOUR TIRE PRESSURE MANUALLY. Be safe!

Smartire here also. Only had them in for about 2200 miles but they seem to work great. $166 delivered from University.