Told to stay indoors in the UK tonight. Huge storm due to hit.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feejer222

Reaction score
Exceptional storms due to hit us tonight. Possibly as bad as 1987 when hurricane force winds tore the south of the UK to bits.

LINK

this time of year we hit that once a week to every other week.

Either Scattered tornados or straight line winds. For the past two tuesdays, we have had straight lines of 70 mph AND tornados. Just part of living in the South. And I would not relocate for anything (ok. that might be an exhageration, but it better be pretty damn good). Oh,Friday night we had straight lines in the mild 40 pmh range and the woke up to snow Sat morning. thats in between days of a sunny 70 degrees.

NWS*** language

Last edited by a moderator:
this time of year we hit that once a week to every other week.
Either Scattered tornados or straight line winds. For the past two tuesdays, we have had straight lines of 70 mph AND tornados. Just part of living in the South. And I would not relocate for anything (ok. that might be an exhageration, but it better be pretty damn good). Oh,Friday night we had straight lines in the mild 40 pmh range and the woke up to snow Sat morning. thats in between days of a sunny 70 degrees.

Made me laugh out loud that mate thanks.

We are just not used to this weather and are getting more of it all the time. Flood warnings again 20 miles away. 05.00 here and woken by the winds. The news says it will be at its worst at rush hour, I have a 30 mile drive in the van just about then.

Stay safe Feej, we dont want to lose our ace race coverage, OK ? This ole planet is and has always been in a state of change, we're the newbies after all.

Blessings,

Bobby

Find a good pub to hold up in, hopefully they will have snacks. If not, a few good stouts should provide the necessary nourishment

[Hope my folks are OK in good old Welsh Wales (Neath).
You can check on the weather HERE

STORY

STORY
Thanks feejer222 for the links.

I still have the "beeb" links for weather and stuff on the "puter", and also glad to inform you that all is well with my family!

How was "Manch" during the storms?

Glad to hear your folks are OK Taff, spent many happy holidays in Wales and Anglesey when growing up. Have you seen the race circuit they have built on Anglesey now? World class if you ask me. I am hoping they get a BSB round there soon. Reminds me of Philip Island.

The storm hit Manchester last night for the first time. Its howled and rained all night and still is (7am Wed). It's due to last all day. A good day to stay indoors I reckon.

Cheers, Graham.