Too many power accessories?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoadGlide

Reaction score
I'm doing the Void Rally next month and the night time temps may be in the 30's so I added a heated vest today. Now for the problem....Am I going to have stator issues? I am currently running a 50 amp fuse block via a 30 amp switched relay with the following accessories: XM Radio, Mix-it2, GPS, V1 Radar Detector, and Hyper Lites on the rear with 55w Moto Lights on the front. The Datel meter showed 13.4v with everything on and has been fine for the last 6k miles. The vest uses 0.6v (2 amps) dropping the Datel down to 12.9v. Will this work ok? Do I need to switch the stator? Oh yeah...the bike is an 06 with 19k on it. Thanks in advance for the vast knowledge and wisdom.

Wade

Since you have a Gen II bike that's already gotten an upgrade stator...I don't think you're going to benefit from an aftermarket.

If the 12.9 worries you when running electrics I'd see how it improves by turning off the motolights when it's cold. They're your big current draw.

The new stator is actually only for the 03-05 models, and not the newer GEN II bikes.

While your pushing the limit of what your stator is putting out, technically, your not overloading it yet. I would keep a close eye on that datel and make sure you don't dive too much further into the 12v range.

Thanks Iggy and Vec....I'll keep an eye on it and try riding with all on several times between now and the start of the rally. Iggy....GREAT job in the IBR. Way to go.