• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Top quality HID kits for the FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for being out of touch. Family emergency took me away for a while. On going issues will have to put this on hold.

Warranty work will be handled by direct mail to [email protected]

Also, I apologize for not seeing my inbox was full here.

If you tried to contact me in the last 2 wks, pls resend.

Again, sorry for having gone dark.

Here's an easy question - just wanted to make sure. I have installed this setup today and the lights don't come on with the switch. Here's the dumb question - does the bike need to be started for these lights to work?

If not, then I believe I have the culprit, but will wait until I hear back from those that have these installed.

Here's an easy question - just wanted to make sure. I have installed this setup today and the lights don't come on with the switch. Here's the dumb question - does the bike need to be started for these lights to work?
If not, then I believe I have the culprit, but will wait until I hear back from those that have these installed.
Yes the bike needs to be running to turn on just like the stock bulbs.

Thanks - I know it was a silly question, but I honestly could not remember if the lights worked with the key or engine on! Major brain fart!

Actually, you may want the HIDs to come on even later. Some folks (including me) have had trouble where one of the HIDs fails to fire up when they try to because you just finished cranking the starter motor.

I ended up designing a little circuit to delay the headlight an additional 10 seconds. Documented here

That fixed the problem 100%.

Last edited by a moderator:
I joined the party late but loved HID in the Cruiser. I'll send a PM but would like to know if these can still be obtained, or if not, some information that identifies an alternate non-group buy vendor.

I'll send a PM but would like to know if these can still be obtained, or if not, some information that identifies an alternate non-group buy vendor.
Stick to the PM please. If for some reason they're not....start a new thread in Parts and Accessories. This thread is exclusively about this particular HID kit and vendor. Thanks.

PM sent about the kit, but nothing back.... shall I assume the GB is waaaayyyyy over and look for an alternative?