Top trunk rack availability?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cygnusx1

Reaction score
Does anyone know if and when the rack for the top trunk will be available? I have been looking for months to no avail. I am looking for the rack that actually replaces the non-trunk rack, not the plate that mounts to the bike.

Just making sure we are talking about the same thing-
The rack that came with your bike takes the smaller top case, there is no non trunk rack.
If you want to mount the OEM 50 lt case, you need a different rack, part number is 1MC-248D0-00-00. I googled the part number and found a few in stock here and there.
Or are you looking for non OEM rack and case?

-Steve

I googled the part number and found a few in stock here and there.

-Steve
Careful.

I have found many internet businesses that claim to have items in stock are actually drop-shippers that assume their supplier has stock. Some will even lie through their teeth if you phone them and ask them to confirm an item is in stock. Also, many of them operate under several different names that live under the same umbrella, making it appear that a part is commonly available. In that scenario, one of their websites will have a lower price listed making it appear that you found a better deal.

I agree with torch. My experience was with one of the big names. Bought mama a V-strom 650 and was setting it up for a ride around Lake Michigan. Was looking for two Givi E38 monokey bags with the intern straps. Givi USA said they only had one basic bag without the internal straps in stock and wouldn’t be getting any more of that model as they were being discontinued.
Talked to a lady at one of the big online retailers and she told me over the phone they had two of the hard bags I was looking for in stock, with the internal straps. After a small delay I did receive one hardbag without the internal straps. Called again, talked to same lady and was told the bags I was looking for were out of stock and no longer available and I would be refunded the money for the bag they couldn’t supply.
I called a shop in BC that said they had the bags I was looking for. Told the gentleman of the experience I just went through and didn’t want to go through that again as the bags were being discontinued. He told me he was looking at the bags as we talked. Several days later I had the two Monokey bags I wanted. I don’t really know how big or small that shop in Canada was but they were definitely honest people.

Just making sure we are talking about the same thing-
The rack that came with your bike takes the smaller top case, there is no non trunk rack.
If you want to mount the OEM 50 lt case, you need a different rack, part number is 1MC-248D0-00-00. I googled the part number and found a few in stock here and there.

-Steve
Steve - Yes that is the correct part I am looking for and they are hard to come by. Everyplace I try to order from are out of stock. I know I can use the plate that can be added to the OEM rack, I would rather have the rack though.

I know I can use the plate that can be added to the OEM rack
News to me. What plate?
You might have to shop outside the USA for the replacement rack. Yamaha Canada says 2 weeks, but YMMV.
Have you tried Yamaha Sports Plaza ? I have had good luck with them, but call, dont bother with the website.
-Steve

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-11-16-21-20-211_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-11-16-21-20-211_com.android.chrome.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I looked everywhere for a month or more and started calling places, found the last one in the states it seemed like, in a place that sold Yamaha boat parts. The guy on the phone said it shows they had one and would call back in the morning when the warehouse opened.....sure enough, it was in the mail that day. I think I just got lucky.

I have one of those aluminum racks for sale. I have the 50L top case as well in silver (it's scratched but not broken).
I have not come on the forum in a while, but happen to see this post. Send me a PM if you're interested; I'm in BC Canada.
Cheers

this is what I am looking for. Either a model number or somewhere it is available, new or used...

TIA