Luggage Rack/Plate

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean Graham

Reaction score
I am trying to find the plate in the pic or something very similar. I don't use a top case and I don't want an ugly rack setup. It needs to fit a gen 2/3 and use the factory bolt pattern. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
I am aware that Givi/Kappa make a plate that's similar. But their setup requires an underplate to bolt the plate to.

Attachments

• 20230512_114935-XL.jpg
    20230512_114935-XL.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 0
I am trying to find the plate in the pic or something very similar. I don't use a top case and I don't want an ugly rack setup. It needs to fit a gen 2/3 and use the factory bolt pattern. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
I am aware that Givi/Kappa make a plate that's similar. But their setup requires an underplate to bolt the plate to.
I’d use a Givi sr357 and their metal top plate, which is similar to the one you show, but with additional slots for even more strapping opportunities.1699833981007.jpeg

Last edited:
He doesn't want an ugly rack. ;)

Rayzerman pointed him to a Givi SRA2109 on the other board but no go.
It's true, I'm a purist :) I've always thought that the arse end of the bike was sexy yet unfinished. This simple little rack is all I need to be complete.

That is exactly what Im looking for (or something really similar. Found anything like that yet? Im not crazy about the top boxes, but I do like carrying stuff in a dry bag.
I think so. I had a member from another forum reach out and we are getting the shipping and everything figured out(fingers crossed).
I have had a cpl others reach out via Facebook, but nothing solid. If one of them is legitimate, I would gladly forward the info to you(as long as my deal doesn't fall through) :)

I think so. I had a member from another forum reach out and we are getting the shipping and everything figured out(fingers crossed).
I have had a cpl others reach out via Facebook, but nothing solid. If one of them is legitimate, I would gladly forward the info to you(as long as my deal doesn't fall through) :)
Be aware, it's scammer season. They scour boards like this reading the "want to buy" posts and jump in saying "contact me at so and so email". Ask for a pic of the item with something odd in the picture like a newspaper, or giving the peace sign or something. If he can't provide one I'd avoid it.

He's legitimate and we did everything through PayPal goods and services so we are both protected.
Yessir, should be there within a day or two! Pleasure doing business with you, and hope you enjoy it! Thanks for the smooth transaction! (To be fair, I was almost hoping I’d get to take a picture of it with a potato on top or something 🤣🤣🤣)