Carbon Fiber Luggage Rack

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Givi/carbon fiber combo looks excellent! I wonder how much weight that will bear? I'm looking for a way to create some kind of dog carrier so the pooch can ride with me. The problem is she's about 50lbs and I'm afraid that much weight would over-tax the rear sub-frame. Has anyone heard of someone doing that with their FJR?
50lbs is some weight right out the back.
Perhaps some construction over the passenger seat area to bring the weight more to the middle of the bike?
Most Schools and Colleges have design as a subject. Why not ask a number of them to give their ideas 😀👍

Yes, and no. I bought the Smuggler and rear rack used. The previous owner modified the Smuggler to make it work with the rear rack. As for the 'no' part, if you buy a brand new Smuggler, Corbin has said they have changed it and it works with that Yamaha accessory aluminum rack.
Already have the Smuggler that I got used from another forum member so won't be buying another new one. Just curious on how yours was modified. Any details?? :unsure: