Torn: To buy or not to buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have to ask, you just might not be ready, <_< Yet! But you will!!! ;) And when you do :yahoo:

Bulldog ,The only fjr i have seen was on the internet , Then i found this great forum ,Asked the same questions .Had to drive to n.j. just to see the bike in person (could not find 1 yamaha dealer in n.y that had 1 ) 30 days later i was riding a new 2005 .

...Not trying to be an asshole...
Are you boasting because it just comes sooooo naturally?

:lol:
Maybe... :fuck:

And I forgot to say, I also have a backrest on my '07. If there was no backrest, I don't know how comfortable my wife would be. Comfort and security. You don't want her falling off the back when you pin the throttle.
I don't have the padded backrest on the top case. Deb's armor in the back of her jacket works for that + gives her more room.

Bulldog ..... Get the FJR and you won't be sorry, HONEST !

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as the comment of the ST being a bit "better" two-up, that is very subjective. Having owned both a 2005 ST1300 and a 2006 FJR at the same time, I will say this. The ST had almost 2 inches more room front to back than the FJR. The ST had more wind protection and was very smooth. But the FJR just has more spirit. I thought both were fantastic bikes, but when the wife said she was done riding (her own. Still willing to be a passenger), I sold the ST. Probably, 'nuff said.

You won't regret t he FJR, just the time lost before you got it.

mr.paul

I commute every day to work and I have not regretted the FJR purchase once. Ergonomically while it is different than both a racer and a cruiser it is still a very stable and comfortable riding position. As for two up my wife says that she is no man's decoration so I had to buy her a bike but my daughter says it is comfortable; but she has yet to ride a long distance with me, instead choosing to be like her mother...

As for other ST's, aside from minor differences they are similar. I personally like power, comfort, and handling without chrome and weight issues. The FJR made perfect sense to me.