Trade Muzzy for stocks?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5lbtrout

Reaction score
I bought an '07 Saturday night. The previous owner installed Muzzy mufflers. It has a nice sound - see this clip even though it's not mine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bXGJSjqwNI Mine are in great shape with no scratches or damage.

As nice as they are, I prefer the stock.

If you are interested in a trade (only if they are in great condition like mine), please let me know. The only other condition is that you pay for my shipping costs.

Please PM me

umm, well lets see you could always buy new ones, The left side retails for $801.41 and the right one retails for $679.53.........Total=$1480.94

R

umm, well lets see you could always buy new ones, The left side retails for $801.41 and the right one retails for $679.53.........Total=$1480.94
R
At first I thought someone would jump on this, I considered it for a minute, then I too saw the OEM price if you wanted to go back. yoiks!

Wonder why the big price difference in the two OEM sides?

Good luck with the barter!

OTOH, slightly used stock cans frequently sell for much less both here and on ebay when people replace them with after market ones. Search through past 'for sale' posts to get an idea of prices.

I just bought a set for $125 off Craigs list that I'm going to replace my stockers with. So just wait and watch, you'll find something.

I'd like to do that trade and will pay shipping both ways. I have a commercial UPS account and can just email you a shipping label.

currently moto-bike traveling so email me and we'll wrap the deal up.

Oh, and let's make sure there isn't a compatibility issue (mine an 04)

BTW mine are like brand new, no flaws, blemishes etc

Last edited by a moderator:
If they were Remus or Two Brothers, I would leave work, go home, take my stockers off, and send them to you right now. I don't care how much they would cost to replace with new stockers. Sorry...Not a big Muzzy's fan, but I think you may get a bite.

Adding your location might help. You may very well be right down the road from someone thatcs considering this.

I'd like to do that trade and will pay shipping both ways. I have a commercial UPS account and can just email you a shipping label.
currently moto-bike traveling so email me and we'll wrap the deal up.

Oh, and let's make sure there isn't a compatibility issue (mine an 04)

BTW mine are like brand new, no flaws, blemishes etc
I checked with a local Yamaha dealer today. The part number for the mufflers are the same for 04 and 05 but different for 06 to 09. While it looks the same, they are indeed different.

Also, I am in Yuba City, CA which is 35 miles north of Sacramento.

So, if you have stock mufflers from 06 to 09 and are interested in a trade, please let me know.

It looks I haven't done a great job of explaining the product. I have slip on canisters from Muzzy called "Ultra Light Titanium" model. It only weighs 4.6 lbs. I believe the stocks are around 20 lbs each. Here's a picture of the canister. https://www.muzzys.com/catalog/tiov.html

It retails for $1,089 as shown here. https://search.cartserver.com/search/search...00&go=GO%21

The canisters are in pristine condition.

I know they are light weight and will improve performance. However, I prefer a stealthier sound.

Sounds interesting, but.....question.

Doesn't some things have to be done when you switch mufflers, I've read where you have to have a rejetting kit or something?

Dyno ran to tweak the efi to match the mufflers?

I don't know, but just asking.....???

I sure like that sound.

Sounds interesting, but.....question.Doesn't some things have to be done when you switch mufflers, I've read where you have to have a rejetting kit or something?

Dyno ran to tweak the efi to match the mufflers?

I don't know, but just asking.....???

I sure like that sound.
You can run an aftermarket exhaust with no change to the EFI. I have a full Muzzy system and foam air filter with the stock fuel map, no PCIII and no Barbarian jumper, or anything else. Works fine. The EFI, with CO sensor, does compensate some. You will need a PCIII or similar device if you want to get the maximum power from the changed exhaust, but that would really be minimal with slip-ons, and probably not worth the cost and effort of a FI map change.

Last edited by a moderator:
I pm'ed you in your other thread in for sale section. I'll trade you. My OEM are flawless, less that 8000 miles on them from 06. and i'll pay for the shipping.

I pm'ed you in your other thread in for sale section. I'll trade you. My OEM are flawless, less that 8000 miles on them from 06. and i'll pay for the shipping.

Let us know if he makes contact.... I still haven't heard anything..............

I posted right behind you on the other post.

B

Let us know if he makes contact.... I still haven't heard anything..............

I posted right behind you on the other post.

B
I've been tied up all day at work. I just send you a PM.