Traded my 06 in on a 08 today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxed

Reaction score
The rain finally stopped today and I was able to get my new '08 FJR. I rode it home and put a few farkles on but couldn't take being in the garage with the nice weather so I headed north for a ride to check out the new throttle. It shifts smooth as silk and the throttle response is perfect...don't have to do a thing to it like I did on the '06. So it looks like the power commander will sit around in the garage until I find someone that wants it.

P1020943.jpg

Ed... :yahoo:

If sirryan doesn't take your old Power Commander, look me up! I've been shopping for one.

It shifts smooth as silk and the throttle response is perfect...don't have to do a thing to it like I did on the '06. So it looks like the power commander will sit around in the garage until I find someone that wants it. Ed... :yahoo:

Congrats on the new 08!

Having had an 06 (that was rear ended & totalled) I find the 08 to also be as smooth as the 06 was after the PCIII was installed. I'm going to hang onto my PCIII because I plan to install the Holeshot headers/exhaust in the near future. I then will install a custom map after putting it on a Dyno.

If for any reason you may upgrade your exhaust you may want to rethink letting that PCIII go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your '06 trade in plus $3000 OTD.... is a hell of a deal. Where did you get that kind of a deal ?? :dribble:

Congrats to you.......... :yahoo:

How about a few more pics.................... :clapping:

P1020942.jpg

Here is one more pic.... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!

I like the new color! But i will have to hang onto my 05 for a long time! These farkles are too nice and expensive to do over again! :rolleyes:

Maybe 2010 will be the magic year for me!