Trail Camera Video of Coyotes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joebiodiesel

I wish I could think of something witty to put her
Reaction score
I've got a few trail cameras that I keep in the woods year round. Most every winter I find a winter kill/road kill deer to put a cam on, and see what shows up to scavenge it. This year we got a lot of snow early and the carcass got buried deep, so it never got touched until recently. I've gotten videos of hawks, vultures, red and grey foxes, and a nice fisher. These 2 yotes showed up this week. They are obviously not comfortable feeding around each other yet. I got almost 200 vids of them.

Here are a few of them strung together:

Linky

If you're into it...enjoy!

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
That was very cool, Joe. I was pretty impressed by the quality. Good sharp images. For some reason I didn't expect much from a "woods cam."

Second thing was you being in Mexico (and I'm from Syracuse, so I KNOW it's snow country) I expected snow. When I saw your other vids I clicked on one called "Daytime Coyote." Plenty of snow to reminisce about there. :) But after I watched for a minute, it started to get kind of . . . creepy. :dribble: It's obviously some kind of time lapse effect, but here's the carcass in a certain spot, and the coyotes move back a little, and then the freaking carcass MOVES! It gradually crawled over about a damn foot and a half under its own power! What the hell kind of zombie animals do you raise around there???

Last edited by a moderator:
That was very cool, Joe. I was pretty impressed by the quality. Good sharp images. For some reason I didn't expect much from a "woods cam."

Second thing was you being in Mexico (and I'm from Syracuse, so I KNOW it's snow country) I expected snow. When I saw your other vids I clicked on one called "Daytime Coyote." Plenty of snow to reminisce about there. :) But after I watched for a minute, it started to get kind of . . . creepy. :dribble: It's obviously some kind of time lapse effect, but here's the carcass in a certain spot, and the coyotes move back a little, and then the freaking carcass MOVES! It gradually crawled over about a damn foot and a half under its own power! What the hell kind of zombie animals do you raise around there???

Mike, if you're from Syracuse, you know the deal. Anything that can survive that kind of snow has to be killed more than once if you want it to stop moving completely! :)

Phili, I've seen a few in the woods, but never thrown any lead at them.

Joe