Twistedthrottle.com

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BkerChuck

Second hand vegetarian
Reaction score
I've purchased several items from these folks and have always felt well treated. Prompt service, timely delivery, overall A+ experience. Something happened today that really makes me want to offer up a huge thank you to these folks and get the word out they are great people to deal with.

On Saturday afternoon my wife and I had the misfortune of being involved in an accident. Well, my wife anyway. She was hit by a driver making an illegal turn and was knocked over causing some damage to her bike. Among the items damaged was one of her Denali D2D aux. lights from Twisted Throttle. After hearing the insurance estimate, we're afraid she's awfully close to the bean counters calling her bike a total loss. Damage to the light is limited to the front bezel/lens but they don't list parts separately.

I called them a few hours ago and inquired as to the possibility of getting just a bezel/lens so we wouldn't have to buy another complete kit. After hearing my reasons the service rep put me on hold for a minute or two while he looked into it. Rather than quoting me a price, he asked for the address where I need it shipped! At no charge to my wife and I! This is before he ever had my full name and address to see just how much or little we've spent with them.

Many huge thanks and kudos to these folks! This is customer service how it used to be done. They have more than earned my business and will continue to have as much of it as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just absolutely blown away that they made the call to send out a replacement part BEFORE having full information from me regarding past purchases. I called from my work phone so caller ID played no part, all they had was my first name before they offered to send out the part. Super customer service.

I'm really glad to hear this. They are a local (NE) vendor and have taken some bad knocks for customer service in the past. Sounds like they have their stuff together to me.

In keeping with this Forum section: I have personally made several purchases from them in the past also, mostly of the superior goods that only they seem to carry (Hepco Becker and their Bags Connection tank bags) , and also more for the Vstrom than the FJR but also for it, and I have personally never received anything but excellent service and value.

In fact, I ordered a Bags connection tank bag from them (City EVO I think it was called) and when I received the (first) bag it looked a bit skewed in the construction, like the top and bottom zippers were not properly synchronized.

Being a complete dumb ass I had already cut some holes in the bag for where my various wires need to go, before I contacted them about an exchange. I sent them pictures of the apparent defect, and they agreed, sending me a new (un-defective) replacement, even before I returned the original, and even with my explaining the modifications I had already done. I believe they also paid my return shipping.

Having an outfit like this that will work with you, and carries a lot of the really good quality stuff that other places are fearful of carrying (not just Tucker Rocky stuff) is a big benefit to us as motorcyclists.

Thanks for reminding me to spout off about my experiences.

Last edited by a moderator:
Always Impressed with Twisted Throttle . . . Great Selection of Gear & Gadgets for Both My FJR & KLR . . . Fantastic Knowledgeable Customer Service Reps . . .

Pretty impressive when you learn that the company started as a "Group Buy" in 2002 for some V-Strom Riders:

"Twisted Throttle LLC began in June 2002 with a "group buy" of SW-MOTECH centerstands, crashbars and luggage systems for a handful of early Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom fanatics, of whom I happened to be the one nutty enough to call a German manufacturer on the telephone and demand that they send me a shipment immediately. "

Rest of the story is mid-way down this page: https://www.twistedthrottle.com/articles/our-mission

I ordered a throttle lock for wifey's bike recently. The website said to call about availability, which I did and left a message. I got a voicemail saying they expect them at the end of the month (May), and I should order now to ensure I get one. I did, and just got the email confirming shipment today, with 3 day shipping.

I've ordered from them before, and haven't had any issues. Now, their pricing isn't on the cheap side, but they don't appear to sell cheap stuff.

I really like their stuff. I've bought a lot of it. Customer service is as good as anyone else's. Their booth at the trade shows is where I spend the most time.