Two Brothers slip ons...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcop

Reaction score
Received the package from Cougar yesterday and less that one hour later, the cans were installed! Whoo Hoo, they look good, but I think they are a bit loud while sitting in the garage.
scratch.gif

A quick ride around town found tha deep sound was not too bothersome, but I did notice heads turning if I opened the throttle quickly.
whistling.gif

So this morning, I took ten minutes to add the P1 silencers that will bring the sound down 3-4 dbs. Sounds a bit better in the garage and when the sky stops depositing frickin rain, I will take another test flight.

Now 'Management' has been watching this process closely
sweatdrop.gif
and had the following to say...." It is only a bit loud and the tips will probably make it sound just right."....and.....are you reday for this..... " You should get the pipes from your muffler to the engine coated black to compliment the black mufflers."
flowers.gif
tt1.gif
LOVE THAT GIRL!

Where did you get them from? I'm VERY interested in a set of 2 bros.

Received the package from Cougar yesterday and less that one hour later, the cans were installed! Whoo Hoo, they look good, but I think they are a bit loud while sitting in the garage.
scratch.gif

A quick ride around town found tha deep sound was not too bothersome, but I did notice heads turning if I opened the throttle quickly.
whistling.gif

So this morning, I took ten minutes to add the P1 silencers that will bring the sound down 3-4 dbs. Sounds a bit better in the garage and when the sky stops depositing frickin rain, I will take another test flight.

Now 'Management' has been watching this process closely
sweatdrop.gif
and had the following to say...." It is only a bit loud and the tips will probably make it sound just right."....and.....are you reday for this..... " You should get the pipes from your muffler to the engine coated black to compliment the black mufflers."
flowers.gif
tt1.gif
LOVE THAT GIRL!

After searching in the U.S. & Canada, I settled on dealing with Alex at www.mishacycles.com as his service, price and humour put a smile on my face.

As to sound clips,and or videos.....they are easy to create but somewhat of a challenge to add to this site. Give me a couple of days. :assassin:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have followed all instructions I can find, but I CANNOT get My Link to open anything. As such, no photos etc in the near future on this site. Why o Why is it so damned difficult on this forum?? :angry2:

Harald,

The link I refer to is when I download a link to have pictures from PICASA 3 appear in this forum ( appears as My Link). Just does not seem possible at this time, but I will keep attempting to find the glitch. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Further news, I took the test flight with the P1 silencers and they work just fine. I even took the opportunity to make a 3rd gear pass at highway speeds as 'Management' was driving her SUV to meet me for lunch. The result was good as she could hear me but the sound was not obnoxious. Others say the loud is down and the sound is deeper. I like!!
yes.gif