Two dead guys named Bob this week

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toe, you have been one busy guy, I admire your stamina.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your father.

I passed through Sonora on Friday night and saw all the yellow ribbons lining Hwy.49 in town. Then on Saturday I noticed the electronic sign with "Sgt Rapp, fallen hero" in big red lights. The sign was still going strong Sunday afternoon on my way out of town. Sonora is a special community to say the least.

Bob,

I am sorry that I missed this thread, apparently away and/or it never got on my radar. Please forgive my tardiness in posting.

As you know, I had the pleasure of meeting your dad here in Reno. I stopped by his place to pick up a motorcycle part to bring to you -we'd be meeting up in Morro Bay.

Easy enough, stop by, pick up the part. What I didn't realize is that I would take a real fondness to your dad. He was a character, he shared my spirit of not caring about a lot of things, yet understood the important things and held those close and prioratized accordingly to his agenda.

We shared dialogue on a multitude of topics, including you. You and I, at that time, had never met in person, but after meeting and spending some time with your dad, I felt as though I knew you. It made it that much more fun when we did meet in person.

It is obvious that the two of you cared very much for each other. I know the loss is tough. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

.....and Bob, thank you for asking me to swing by and pick up that part, it ended up being much more -and I'm lucky to have met you dad.

Not sure if you'll be planning trips up this way, but if you do, please let me know.

.....john