Two somewhat comical instances

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, old thread, but still fun.

My favorite stealth moments are:

1. Pull up to a stoplight in the RAM 2500 Cummins 4x4 crew cab. It's a beast, but bone bare stock and with a dorky set of "Rock Tamers" mud flaps installed so the trailer doesn't get pelted when I tow. The road is a 2 lane into one lane, a little longer than a quarter mile. Guy in a sporty Audi A6 pulls up. Light turns green, and he doesn't even notice me as he tries to get ahead of my big truck.... until about 5-10 mph in when the tires have hooked up and the 850 lb/ft of Cummins Diesel torque kick in, and that bad truck shows him the backside of the Rock Tamers. Laughed pretty hard about that one, people who don't own diesel trucks have no idea. Never broke 2800 rpm either.

2. Recently, on the KTM 1190R. Roll up to the light next to some sort of sport bike, KawaNinjasuki something or other, a 750 methinks. Most guys look at the KTM and think "adventure bike", luggage, knobbies, rider in bulky touring suit, must be slow. He has no idea that the KTM has him significantly beat on HP, and probably 40% more torque. Light goes green, and soon he's looking at the backside of a pair of panniers, trying to understand what just happened. The KTM can hit the 1/4 mile in under 11 seconds at 128 mph. Maybe a tad slower with traction control and knobbies.

One of my business colleagues rides the ultimate stealth machine. It's a rusted out, primer-painted early 50's De Soto wagon (search Bing for "icon Desoto derelict"). Interior looks like vintage skid row, torn up headliners etc. But it sits on a frame with state of the art suspension and drive train powered by an SRT 6.1L Hemi engine producing ungodly HP. Great for pissing off Vette and Porsche owners at any stoplight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, old thread, but still fun.
One of my business colleagues rides the ultimate stealth machine. It's a rusted out, primer-painted early 50's De Soto wagon (search Bing for "icon Desoto derelict"). Interior looks like vintage skid row, torn up headliners etc. But it sits on a frame with state of the art suspension and drive train powered by an SRT 6.1L Hemi engine producing ungodly HP.
Always thought this would be fun to do with an older car. If I had the money and the time that is.... maybe when I retire.

My dad has an F350 dualie diesel with a full Banks intake and exhaust system as well as a Snow Performance injection setup. With everything dialed up to max it practically wheelies! My dad is 83 and still likes his toys.

I made a left without signalling once.
sleep.png

LOL - funny subject.

I have a modified Subaru STI that I occasionally track. Whenever I start to think how 'superfast' it is I hop onto the fjr & go for a ride. Reality check!

I used to play with sport bikes well on my Yamaha TT500. On the snake of Mulholland highway. It was a 500 popped up to 628.

That was Serious fun. Many tried. Many of them went back home on a flatbed tow truck.

SIL: CBR1000RR. Likes to ride with me if I ride the Duc, FJR not so much, "just doesn't look right, old man bike with bags pushing a sport bike like that."

LOL - funny subject.
I have a modified Subaru STI that I occasionally track. Whenever I start to think how 'superfast' it is I hop onto the fjr & go for a ride. Reality check!
What year? Here's mine: https://www.fjr-tips.org/sti/
Ya know, I may be old & creeky but, didn't I send you a thank you note for posting a utube vid on installing the Homelink? Had to be over a year ago - unless my mind is really gone :)

Here is mine - well, when it new. I now have Wedsports on it and a ton of unseen mods

bigger injectors

redone fuel rails

larger fuel pump

Invidia ELH - ceramic coated

Q300

Cobb catted down pipe

wrapped up & down pipes

CF driveshaft

lightweight front bumper brace

TGV delete

Perrin air inlet

ATP GTX2867R turbo

- 330whp 335ft-lbs torquey. Crappy - can't upload image. Its a white 2011 sedan.

This thread made me remember a vid that's been around a while. Don't think it's been here before, but speaking of understated surprises . . . Cuz sometimes ya never know.

Damn, I hate it when an old post gets dug up, then I don't notice, and I think "I got the perfect comment for this thread" and then I scroll down a bit and I'm like, "Oh wait, I already did."

sad.png

That is a great story! and yes, some people look at the FJR, with all its luggage and what nots, and have no idea of the power of the bike. On occasion I have enjoyed the power of the bike when someone sneaks up on you and just sits there. it does not take much to reduce them to a speck on the rear view mirror :)

Fred, it also proves that Hildo is running everclear in the Harley's tank.

Don't mess with the Hildo.