Two-up riding

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blujag,
....My new FJR should be in on Thursday afternoon. I can't wait. I've gone a week without a bike and I'm having withdrawls.

Keith
Any report to share?? I am all ears!!
Olie,

I absolutely love it! I don't think I've ever had as much fun on a motorcycle before. The wife hasn't been on it yet, so I have nothing that I can report about 2-up riding. I hope to take her for a spin soon, but she hasn't been able to catch me to jump on yet.

Obviously, it is taking a little adjustment to get used to the new handlebar position and things like that (big difference from the LT), but this bike is really a blast.

Keith

Back to the subject of passenger peg extenders..

I have tried both MCL extenders and these:

https://www.cycle-istic.com/PegExtenders.html

To be honest, My wife and I both find that The Cycle-istics with Kuryakin pegs work better for her and ME, IMHO.

Here is why;

The MCL adapters drop the pegs, but, the Cycle-istics drop the pegs and move the foot position outboard by 3 inches or so per side. As a result, my wife's boots are outboard of mine and this allows me the flexibility to ride on the balls of my feet without crowding her toes. In addition, the extra width of the peg position allows her to have more clearance around my torso (particularly around my padded riding pants), which eliminates the need for her to ride bowlegged, and greatly reduces leg cramps for her. As a bonus they eliminate the need for heat shields, as her feet are outboard of the exhaust. I believe you can adapt folding floorboards to these adapters as well.

Glad to see the link for passenger peg relocators. I just got back from the first long ride (1415 miles over a long weekend) with the wife and her main complaint is footpeg position. I temporarily installed some tubing into my frame sliders so I can rest my legs on these "pegs". These frame slide "pegs" work great because while my legs are forward, the wife can use my normal pegs to stretch her legs.

The big mod I did for better comfort for the wife and me is to relocate the factory trunk rearward about 2 inches. With the factory trunk mount normally mounted, the wife complained about a too upright seating position. And I complained about not enough room for me to properly slouch for comfort (she's a little overweight so there's not enough room on the seats). I made a plate that allows the factory trunk mount rack to be bolted on 2 inches back. Huge difference in comfort.

The big mod I did for better comfort for the wife and me is to relocate the factory trunk rearward about 2 inches. With the factory trunk mount normally mounted, the wife complained about a too upright seating position. And I complained about not enough room for me to properly slouch for comfort (she's a little overweight so there's not enough room on the seats). I made a plate that allows the factory trunk mount rack to be bolted on 2 inches back. Huge difference in comfort.
Please add some pictures of the plate you made. I have the Yamaha touring trunk on order, and want to be able to offer the wife options for her comfort. My trunk should be here early next week.

Thanks,

tripntx