Um, Duff? We're Waiting!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, since this seems to be my official "I got a new bike!" announcement thread (graciously started by TWN) I'll just keep going with the pictures and stuff.

This was the sight that greeted me today on the showroom floor... :yahoo:

p981002106-3.jpg

p577219588-3.jpg

p673613959-3.jpg

p721265807-3.jpg

Yes, this WAS my sexiest pose... :rolleyes:

p846384943-3.jpg

After I installed the sliders and the GPS, I took it out for a ride. I only managed about 30 miles on it today, but I did make it back to the scene of the crime. The corner where I lost my 05 due to a "spill" of some sort. I did this just to get it over with. Rode through it the first time and stopped on the way back. :glare:

p683958363-3.jpg

Well, that is all the pictures for now. The bike did not stay stock for long. It now has sliders, ZUMO GPS, Vista Cruise, Heavy-Duty bar-ends, R-1 shifter, Holeshot slip-ons (that sound GREAT!), SuperBrace, Fenda-Extenda, Reflective decals on the bags and a bobbed fender in the rear. It has also been de-badged and the suspension set to "recommended" settings as a starting point for fine-tuning. Yes, it was a busy day. :dribble:

I'm looking forward to the ride Sunday. I'll put a few more miles on tomorrow and get some of the settings teaked a little more.

By the way, it came with Metzlers on it. Never ran them before, but I am going to see how I like them.

Later!

:clapping: [SIZE=12pt]CONGRATULATIONS![/SIZE] :clapping:

The "pre-ride" farkling is finished, now its :yahoo: :yahoo: time!

To be honest, I liked the OEM Metzlers that mine came with. I didn't like the possibility of catastrophic failure that had been reported, so I ran them for 5K and changed them before heading to WFO. I like new tires for an extended trip, anyhow.

This one is my favorite:

nice.

The only thing that could improve that photo would be if you were in the frame. The curve is there. The bike is there. But most important ... you are there.

Good job.

Last edited by a moderator:
NICE.....
by the way what is a "bobbed fender" ?

R
It's the opposite of a "boobed fender"... not as much hanging down. :rolleyes:

I just trimmed a little off the bottom...

p419260650-3.jpg

...and yet, I added the Fenda Extenda to the front! Now if I could just get some of that hair off my ass and get it to grow on my head! :unsure:

Now if I could just get some of that hair off my ass and get it to grow on my head! :unsure:

Who do I send the bill to for the water out the nose and into the keyboard? That is great. Best of luck with the new bike.

It's a beauty. That looks like the dealer in Lompoc. Did they order the '08 up for you? The last time I was in there a couple of weeks ago they had an '07, but no '08s. Congratulations on the new ride.

It's a beauty. That looks like the dealer in Lompoc. Did they order the '08 up for you? The last time I was in there a couple of weeks ago they had an '07, but no '08s. Congratulations on the new ride.
Funny story... I'll tell it at NAFO.

But, to answer your question, Yes that is the dealer in Lompoc. They made me a pretty good offer and then came down a bit more to meet my request. They got the bike from another dealer, still in the crate.

Hey Duff,

Nice!! Congrats. I will be getting my 08 next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question, do you notice an improvement in handling with the Super Brace installed??

Rob

hope you had fun today Duff... No scratches............ ??
I had a blast...

...and I don't do scratches. Oh, THOSE scratches! Nope, neither of us was pushing that hard... specially not with stock Metz on Betty. Just a nice fun break-in ride. Came home and gave her a shower and a good rub-down. Then I propped the tank up, tuned the throttle-bodies and flipped the throttle spring. MUCH BETTER! I love her more everyday. :rolleyes:

Sheesh... at this rate my girlfriend is going to get jealous! :dribble: