Update Delivery Poll for new 06's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When did your new bike come in?

• March 16-31

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • April 1-15

• April 16-30

• May 1-15

• May 16-31

• June 1-15

• June 16-30

• July 1-15

• July 16-31

• Aug 1-15

• Total voters

Calabash

Reaction score
Here is an updated poll to take into account some delays. If I have to I will update in August. Let's hope that doesn't happen... :angry:

Also if you would, let us know what part of the country you live in, and any information you received from your dealer as to deliveries in your area.

Someone also asked about serial numbers, if you feel comfortable about giving them there are people interested about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm, I voted, but can't see it...? (at the end of March, Finland)

:D Mine is at the dealer. I will be picking it up on Thursday April 6. I am in Sudbury Ontario VIN (000002). I ordered my bike Dec 28,2005.

Dave

Can't wait to ride again :D :D :D :D

I put my vote in April 1-15

Kaj, Looks like yours is a stealth bike. After my vote it shows 1 but only 50% of the bikes. :D

Picked mine up at Yamaha of Warren (Warren, Ohio) 4-03-06.

000295 :D

Picked mine up at Yamaha of Warren (Warren, Ohio) 4-03-06.000295 :D
It would probably help us all if you guys let us know when your order was placed and your PDP/Invoice whatever is called #.

That way we can hopefuly figure out (with a bit of guessing work) when ours SHOULD be in. The VIN # doesn't really allow for "delivery guessing"....

Just a thought....

Picked mine up at Yamaha of Warren (Warren, Ohio) 4-03-06.000295 :D
It would probably help us all if you guys let us know when your order was placed and your PDP/Invoice whatever is called #.

That way we can hopefuly figure out (with a bit of guessing work) when ours SHOULD be in. The VIN # doesn't really allow for "delivery guessing"....

Just a thought....
thats a good idea. I have not recieved mine, but I will post my PDP conf. number tonight when I get home.. I have my order conformation sitting right next to my chair..

oh yea, I ordered mine mid-late October..., just checked with the dealer and YDS still only shows a April delivery.

Mine is in the wearhouse in Atlanta and will be in Tulsa,OK late this week or early next week. :clap:

Mine is in the wearhouse in Atlanta and will be in Tulsa,OK late this week or early next week.  :clap:
That's weird...my dealer is calling California and waiting for my bike to come to the warehouse there. :eh: :unsure: <_< :huh:

I live 2 hour drive from Atlanta...

:clap: I've never been so happy to vote in a poll.

Just got off the phone with the dealer. He seemed ready for an ear full when he told me they received the bike but didn't think they could get it ready this week. They're swamped. No problem, it's been snowing on and off the last couple of days anyway. Not enough for any accumulation but enough to get a new coating of salt on the roads :angry: . My condolences to our American brothers still waiting in good weather. I can only imagine the frustration.

Mine is the 14th, serial # ending in 000014. I placed the order on Jan 24th. The bike was promised on or before April 15 making it 10 days early.

Now I'm off to the weather network :)

Bobby

Picking up my bike today in Seattle sans the bags, they'll be here in a week. I walked into the dealer the last week in December (although I was told they had several bikes on order and I'd just get one of them). So contrary to what others have been told, there are dealers who did order for themselves outside of the priority program. That is why I don't have a number to share.

Everyone knows by now that extras are ordered in others names for flooring. You just have to be lucky enough to walk into a dealer that has one. Lucky you. But in 03' there were usually only bikes that were backed out of. Most dealers didn't have any idea the way the PDP worked so they didn't order like they have the last couple of years. There have been numerous reports of guys waiting after they ordered early while those as yourself just walk in and get theirs.

I've had a lot of bikes but this will be my very 1st Yamaha.So far my Yamay experience is limited to this PDP goofball thing. Ain't impressed. Hope the bike's worth it. Got 5 feet of snow in the yard anyway.Still hammerin down the slopes. <_<

I've had a lot of bikes but this will be my very 1st Yamaha.So far my Yamay experience is limited to this PDP goofball thing. Ain't impressed. Hope the bike's worth it. Got 5 feet of snow in the yard anyway.Still hammerin down the slopes. <_<
I have had quite few bikes myself however this is my first Yamaha experience.

I am confident that I will like the bike when it gets here but after all of the following; 'dealer knows nothing, Yamaha not divulging any information on why they are late and will not give me a delivery date even after calling their customer service department'. This has really rubbed me the wrong way. I am not brand specific but after this preliminary Yamaha experience I may have to look harder elsewhere next time as I will be apprehensive to buy from Yamaha again. If they only would be honest with me instead of being so secretive I would feel much better about this situation.

Well, at 8:45 this morning, the delivery truck rolled into South Bay Motors in National City - and unloaded Wonky.

And get this - THEY FORGOT THE EFFING BAGS !!!!!!! Can you believe it?

I took delivery anyway.

So - that aside -

Vin # 0022.

Speedo with ZERO miles !!

63529640-M.jpg

Preparing for launch (actually, I was trying to find the footpeg)

63529654-M.jpg

And my first 10 feet -

63529667-M.jpg

THUMBS UP BABY !!! WONKY'S A BEAUTIFUL LADY !!!

63529671-M.jpg

Two hours later, Wonky's in her driveway. Pretty.

63529691-M.jpg

And my first ride equals 103 miles. HOOYA !!!

63529701-M.jpg

7 miles into the ride I was screamin my fool head off !! What a RIDE!!!

(and I never took it over 4 grand - honest !!! :D )

kaitsdad, Congratulations!! Thanks for the pictures. Give a ride report when you get too tired to ride anymore. Hope to be joining you with a grin on my face too very soon....

:clap:

Picked mine up Friday 7 April from Easy Living Yamaha (1-800-234-2687) in Rome, GA. They had one for sale still in the crate when I left.

grrr, when are they coming to the dealers in the US? I wannnnnt mmyyyy bikkkeeeeeee  waaaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaah
Waiting and reading the post of the lucky few who are picking up their bikes. I can't help but agree with that statement.

Waiting sucks----- kinda like hitting yourself over the head with a hammer--- sure goin feel good when you stop. :D

kaitsdad, grear pic's Thanks

Waiting sucks----- kinda like hitting yourself over the head with a hammer--- sure goin feel good when you stop. :D
itcht-skrachy.gif

I agree, hope it ends soon....

Congratulations Borrec, Rome is two hours drive from me...it will drive me crazy trying to figure out this delivery system.