upnorthdoggs big adventure

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upnorthdogg

Reaction score
After riding 2500 miles Im sitting here in Tucson AZ. Just wondering if there is anyone from here, maybe meet, and say Hello. A little running around town to see the sights head to Mexico tomorrow so I can say I went border to border. An oil change today, and head out on Saturday morning. Beautiful country, and great riding actually feeling pretty good just alittle bit sore. New top speed 132 in MT with a full load. More to come, upnorthdogg.

Sounds like fun! Keep the ride report coming...

Just a FYI: MT isn't nearly as friendly as they once were for a 132MPH infraction. Be careful out there :eek:

Don

132 mph in Montana! Oh my! Let me know when you're coming through again so I can get me home. Actually, my top speed in Montana (which is where I live) is 155 on my XX Blackbird. Yes, there are places where this can be done in relative safety (no traffic, lo-o-o-ng straight stretches of good pavement where you could see a deer or an antelope coming a mile away...even where you might have a half-assed chance of shutting it down if an LEO appeared on the distant horizon). But yes, arrested for that behavior and you will spend time in one of our nice jails.

I get down to the southwest in winter (sshh, trailering the FJR to southern Utah) and there is some good riding there. One of the best - THE BEST - pieces is the "Devil's Highway" or Coronado Trail from Morenci to Springerville. It is the equal of anything in the U.S. including the Beartooth Highway in my neck of the woods.

Have fun, ride well and safely.

Just alittle update on my ride. 4875 miles 11 states, highest temp, 104 deg. arriving in Tucson, lowest temp, 27 deg. on my last stint in Minnesota. I saw some beautiful country out there. Oak Creak Canyon, Sedona, just below Flagstaff was just a great ride with beautiful scenery. Kanab Utah was another nice area. No long rides for me for a few years. Minnesota touring, and a nice ride to the Black Hills next summer.