v65 very short ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v65

ouch
Reaction score
Typing with one hand at the moment, so will keep it brief: left hander at 60mph +- 10mph, generous dose of throttle, flat track imitation, almost recovered it, didn't. Sliding, rolling, pain.

Think I must have high sided as the bike skidded on it's right. I remember thinking "Holy shit I've got it!", then I was instantly down. A kind passer by called an ambulance.

Got off light: mildly separated collarbone and swollen wrist on the right side (one would guess this is impact from the high side), missing the top layer of skin on 30% of left forearm (through the coat), small abrasion on left knee, severely damaged pride.

Le pics

Insurance is on the job, 40k miles on it so I suspect it will be totaled. Yes Howie I did it for you. :fuck:

Queen-Another-One-Bites-382949.jpg

At least yer here to tell the tale. People, quit fallin down-one of these days, we're gonna have another 10 page goodbye to deal with, and that sux.

It appears that you faired pretty well, given a high side at around 60.

I'm sure glad you had gear on, and I'm glad you are healthy enough to talk about it.

It appears that you faired pretty well, given a high side at around 60. I'm sure glad you had gear on, and I'm glad you are healthy enough to talk about it.
can't guarantee 100% it was a high side. i was up, then i wasn't, something happened real fast in between. :) a high side fits the evidence though, and you're right i am lucky! that and good gear.

whoa! :dribble:

Glad you made it out alive. Sorry about your injuries...

I'm with Rad...lot's of owies this summer. We don't want any of them to be the permanent kind.

That is just awful. So sorry to hear. But to their point, glad to be hearing it from you.

DuoDERM! DuoDERM! DuoDERM!

Learned about the DuoDERM gel bandages to treat road-rash when I was racing pedal bikes.

If you can find some, use them to treat your road-rash and in a week you'll have no scabs or scarring.

Sorry Scab, news came too late for you I guess.

missing the top layer of skin on 30% of left forearm (through the coat)
I can't see the photos (blocked at the firewall), but.... what is the deal with the coat sleeve allowing this injury to occur? :unsure:

Damn glad you are here to type this message....

missing the top layer of skin on 30% of left forearm (through the coat)
I can't see the photos (blocked at the firewall), but.... what is the deal with the coat sleeve allowing this injury to occur? :unsure:
Dunno, there are several sinches on the sleeve that are still fastened, the velcro on the wrist was fastened after the fall, so it didn't ride up.

Glad to hear that you're more-or-less OK. Replacing a broken bike is what we pay the insurance for. Good job on the ATGATT, which certainly saved you from much worse injuries.

Luck is putting it mildly if you're crashing at 60mph...

Sure glad you're ok besides the relatively light injuries...

heal fast and slow down a bit :assassin:

Seems it's the year of the crashes and the quota is already full by August

Alfred

Glad to hear that you're more-or-less OK. Replacing a broken bike is what we pay the insurance for. Good job on the ATGATT, which certainly saved you from much worse injuries.
And at this rate none of us will be able to afford the insurance.

V65 were you in 5th gear on that corner?

Glad you're OK, I think you lucked out with a high side (BTDT).

Is the whole lower fairing ripped off or am I not looking at the picture right?