Valves checked at 105k miles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRMGM

FJRMGM
Reaction score
been a while, ok a looooong while since I had had the valves checked on my trusty '05 FJR that has 105,400 miles on it so I thought I should get them checked. If for no other reason than piece of mind.

So, since its a slack time for dealers here in NW Arkansas I scheduled a session with my local dealer and dropped it off.

Good news is all valves were in spec and none needed adjusted. They have been in spec for a loooooong time now.

Dealer even commented on how good my irridium sparks looked - and they have been in there for a while too. Time to change them before the riding season really starts but damn it still runs great with the current ones!

They replaced the thermostat while in there and also put in new O-ring seals and valve cover gasket so I should be good to go for another 100k or so.

Labor for the check was $210and parts were another $180.

Yamaha of Harrison Ar. is a good shop and they treat me right so if you are in the area stop in and see them.

For reference here are the parts used:

YA5EA1111G0000 rubber mount 1- 1S Qty 6

YA5JW111930000 gasket head cover Qty 1

YA932101841700 O-Ring 9S Qty 2

YA4FM124100000 Thermostat Assembly Qty 1

YA932102378700 O'Ring Qty 1

On another note, damn that new red FZ-07 sitting on the showroom floor looks nice and it just fits when I sit on it..

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 I bought a Kawasaki Ninja 1000 just for riding the Colorado canyons that are in my back yard. Always had to change the suspension settings for touring when going long distance on the FJR. Now I just leave the FJR tuned for touring.

FJRMGM, Buy the red FZ-07 and give that 05 a long needed rest!!
thanks for the support. I have two other bikes that get ridden a bunch too. One is a WR250R Yamaha dual sport which is a total hoot to have up in off-road paradise known as NW Arkansas. I rode it more than 6,500 miles the last two years.

The other is very sporty CBR 954RR Honda that is a hooligan monster on these twistie pavement roads up here.

All in keeping with my personal motto: Man does not live by bread alone.

But that FZ-07 sure feels light when you sit on it.

Last edited by a moderator: