Volcano Ride 2009

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few pics from today's meet...

A beautiful day at Windy Ridge, Mount St. Helens, Washington!

Volcano-Ride-2009-01.jpg

Pretty maidens all in a row...

Volcano-Ride-2009-02.jpg

Volcano-Ride-2009-03.jpg

Photo-op..!

Volcano-Ride-2009-04.jpg

(L - R: ahchiu, blufjr, AuburnFJR, Mrs. AuburnFJR, Mrs. SockMonkey)

It was a spectacular day, and an all-around great ride! Great seeing everyone and looking forward to Tech Day in October!

It was great. It was nice seeing everyone. I think i clocked 494 round trip and rolled it to 5000 on the OD. Really need to get that front tire now!!!

Joshua ( guy in yellow shirt)

It was great meeting all of you. It was a beautiful day. I rode back down the hill with Ken (Mr. bluFJR)... Quickly. Hey, ya gotta check out the new guy's riding style. Fortunately Ken had his radar detector on board. Remember the couple on the R6's? Apparently they did not :(

Victor

Great ride, good food (kinda) and good to see old friends and make new ones. All-in-all a fun day was had. Strom ran like a top all day long...including the blast back down 410. I'll try and post up a pic or two when I pull them off the camera in the AM.

--G

It was great to meet everyone, I put in 450miles today, did you guy ever get the FJ1100 running?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a good time was had by all, and quite a good turn-out, too.

I got stuck helping a friend move (a re-reschedule), so missed out. :(

Maybe I'll make it tomorrow (13th). Anyone care to join me? :arrowheadsmiley:

Looks like a good time was had by all, and quite a good turn-out, too.I got stuck helping a friend move (a re-reschedule), so missed out. :(

Maybe I'll make it tomorrow (13th). Anyone care to join me? :arrowheadsmiley:
Next Saturday on the 19th is the official date.

It was great to meet everyone, I put in 450miles today, did you guy ever get the FJ1100 running?
Our threesome was the last to depart. About 1/2 hour later, partway up #25, I'm stunned!!! passing on the left (I'm lead of three bikes) goes the old FJ. It's a blind left hander!!! Then he comes up behind two cars, and passes them in l.h. corners with no advance views ahead down the road!!! Apparently his bike isn't the only thing that shouldn't have been on the road yesterday.

I don't know if I've ever seen such an idiot rider!? :blink: We guessed he finaly did disconnect the dead/shorting battery, or got a jump start form a forest service rig.

Nice to have met some newer Feejer riders (to me). I'm from the old gang of summer/ fall 2002 and that was my 8th consecutive year there on 'Misty'. Good company, great weather, good road conditions.., hope the next weekend runners can be as fortunate!

SEPT 12 Volcano Ride:

I had a fantastic time. The roads were super fast and delicious; I ate them up. Here are a few pictures of the meeting.

Victor: Electric Motorcycle designer. Cool dude. First to arrive, I found him sleeping in the bushers. Racer background, hard not to like the way he rides.

09Volcano102.jpg

09Volcano101.jpg

09Volcano103.jpg

09Volcano104.jpg

09Volcano105.jpg

On to day 2, Sept. 19th.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few pics from yesterday. Great day for a ride with all the mountains out and fun times. It sucks now that we have dabayliner (Dennis) in the hospital following a get off on his return. Get well my friend.

The first pit stop, just inside the park.

DSCN1554.jpg

Mt Rainier was out ! :yahoo:

DSCN1556.jpg

DSCN1558.jpg

DSCN1560.jpg

Rugged mountains to the SW.

DSCN1561.jpg

Finally at the destination. Only picture I have of dabayliner (Dennis) with his back to the camera in the WFO8 rally shirt. Best wishes and a speedy recovery.

DSCN1569.jpg

blufjr holding class...

DSCN1567.jpg

--George

SEPT 12 Volcano Ride:I had a fantastic time. The roads were super fast and delicious; I ate them up. Here are a few pictures of the meeting.

Victor: Electric Motorcycle designer. Cool dude. First to arrive, I found him sleeping in the bushers. Racer background, hard not to like the way he rides.

09Volcano102.jpg

09Volcano101.jpg

09Volcano103.jpg

09Volcano104.jpg

09Volcano105.jpg

On to day 2, Sept. 19th.
OK guys, that's me---Victor, the electric moto guy, in the picture looking pregnant!... The diet starts today! Lucky for a bike like the FJR that's powerful enough haul me around. I acctualy wasn't sleeping in the bushes, just lurking.

Missed the ride guys. Looks like it was a good day for most (get well Dennis). But I did get Lynny out on the bike for a nice back yard ride and lunch.

Stevens Canyon entrance into Mt. Rainier National Park (Hwy 123)

IMG_7331.jpg

Mt. Rainier

IMG_7357.jpg

I have never seen Mt. Rainier be this clear before

IMG_7333.jpg

Some rugged mountains to the south of Rainier

IMG_7354.jpg

More to the south

IMG_7353.jpg

The start of the Nisqually River

IMG_7366.jpg

Windy Ridge - all bikes in a row. Good turn out

IMG_7370.jpg

A few moving road blocks parked in front of the FJR.

IMG_7374.jpg

Nice clear shot of Mt. St. Helens

IMG_7381.jpg

Mt. Adams from the Windy Ridge Parking lot

IMG_7376.jpg

Great day, weather was the best I have ever had going to Mt. St. Helens. Good to see all that made it.

Sorry to hear about Dennis - get well soon, prayers and good thoughts for a speedy and complete recovery.

Weather is looking bad for Saturday the 19th. Light rain and 70% chance. I'm calling it a NO go. :angry2: Will advise on future date. Most likely October 3rd. (of course I can't stop you from riding in the rain but I will not be there and from experience neither will some others).

Have fun until then.

Weather is looking bad for Saturday the 19th. Light rain and 70% chance. I'm calling it a NO go. :angry2: Will advise on future date. Most likely October 3rd. (of course I can't stop you from riding in the rain but I will not be there and from experience neither will some others).
Have fun until then.
Good Morning, I think I'm going to check the wx Saturday AM, I may give it a try. But, Ive got pencil marks on Oct 3.

Have fun until then.
Got it. Looking forward to a better date