• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Garmin GPS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WW'sFJR

Reaction score
Looking for a new or like new used unit.

I've narrowed it down to these two models.

Or/ maybe point me in the direction of a reasonably

priced source in So. CA.

WW's FJR

Larry

There are loads of them on Ebay. I paid 500.00 for a new 450 at a buy it now price. If you are willing to wait and bid you can get it cheaper.

I, too, have the zumo 450. I like it because it is cheaper and I'm not interested in the bluetooth or satelite radio.

But check buy.com. They have good prices on both the 450 and 550.

I, too, have the zumo 450. I like it because it is cheaper and I'm not interested in the bluetooth or satelite radio.But check buy.com. They have good prices on both the 450 and 550.
Gunny. I'm told it's to be my Xmas present. It has all the features one needs in a good GPS,but none of the fluff. I have XM, but like the idea of a separate unit and control head, so as to prevent screwing around on the GPS-it's one less thing to fail on the GPS, and the Garmin antenna for the XM is ridiculously priced, it puts the unit out of reach financially. I don't need Bluetooth, so thats a non factor.

I, too, have the zumo 450. I like it because it is cheaper and I'm not interested in the bluetooth or satelite radio.But check buy.com. They have good prices on both the 450 and 550.
I'm finding out slowly that to receive and communicate (clearly) by cellphone w/bluetooth,

listen to MP3 and hear GPS voice commands is not as simple as it's advertised.

The Zumo 450 may be the best choice for me at this point. No more subscriptions for me

just for radio and traffic. The Direct TV satellite bill is enough as it is unless they can pipe that music over to my helmet no charge.

Will check Buy.com again on the Zumo 450........

WW's FJR

Larry

Last edited by a moderator:
CycoActive sells a wireless helmet headset and it's compatible

with the Garmin Zumo 550.

It's called a Scala Rider Bluetooth headset #065-0340 for $149.95.

I was told it will allow you to receive GPS routing commands, MP3's and

bluetooth cell phone communication.

Not clear if it works with XM reception. Out of stock currently.

Garmin Zumo 550 $645.99 (lowest internet price new +/-)

Scala Rider headset 149.95

CA Tax 61.68

Total $857.63 + shipping

WW's FJR

Larry