Was wondering if I was looking at the right bike and just bought one!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renink

Reaction score
Well I went to a dealer today because they had a promotion for buy one sports bike get a Suzuki 600 free. Turns out it was a 06 Katana GSX-600 and my buddy couldn't make up his mind. If it were a GSX-R600 he would have jumped right on it. I would have had to pay full msrp on the FJR plus freight and setup ($890) Pay freight and setup on the Katana 600 and then TTL on both and the price would have been about $17,700.

Decided to just get the FJR because he gave me a deal I feel like I couldn't pass up.

07 FJR1300A $11,000

Freight $495

TTL Whatever that came out to

And they would even deliver it for me FREE!!! I went there on my bike and the guy followed my all the way home and dropped it off in front of my house.

I spent more for the YES that I could get online but he was going to throw in Sliders, Jacket & Helmet for my girl, free first service and free delivery.

The only problem is that all of the sliders they had would force me to do some cutting or drilling so I am going to be dropping Skyway an email.

Expect to have pics soon.

Now I gotta decide if I am going to keep or sell my VStar 1100.

Welcome, Pilgrim. You have been successfully assimilated. See....resistance WAS futile. :clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats renink - sounds like you got a very good deal too! Now you should change your profile so your "Bike: label doesn't say "Other or considering FJR". :clapping:

Congratulations from another new owner this week. :yahoo: And scuff those tires buddy. Take care.

JC

The only problem is that all of the sliders they had would force me to do some cutting or drilling...

On an 07????? The mounting bolt is sitting in the open. Both Skyway and Motovation make sliders that are a simple bolt-on farkle.

Oh, and CONGRATS ON THE FJR! You made a good choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only problem is that all of the sliders they had would force me to do some cutting or drilling...

On an 07????? The mounting bolt is sitting in the open. Both Skyway and Motovation make sliders that are a simple bolt-on farkle.

Oh, and CONGRATS ON THE FJR! You made a good choice.
+1 or Gunny on the Skyway frame sliders. Welcome to the club also. Make sure that your helmet is a full face when you ride this bike. You won't be able to stop from getting a silly smile on your face when you start riding and get bugs in your teeth. (Plus smiling that much scares little kids and old people). :D