Well now, I see you've been holding out on me...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sportsguy

searchgeek - author
Reaction score
You bastards.

Here I've been riding around this area since last June thinking my fine Washingtonian friends had shown me the greatest rodes to ride in the local area. To be fair, I HAVE been introduced to some amazing roads, and for that I thank you.

But I stop my self short of being 100% grateful after discovering, on my own yesterday, the Issaquah-Fall-City Rd.

Yes, whilst cruising in the roadster, enjoying the sun and company of my wife, I happened to turn up a road I once saw 3 BMWs hasten to take, off the main road. It took approximately 45 seconds to realize I was on an excellent little road. At the junction I approached, I had to decided to head straight ahead or turn left. Naturally, I went left as this took me past a sign promising 25 mph twisties for the next mile. ...and boy did it deliver! Carving in there in the Z4 was a real pleasure!

Turning around, I repeated the section in reverse, only to find even more of this type of road awaiting as we headed into Issaquah!

I WILL be headede back on the FJR.

...and after we got home, I was infected witht he urge to ride, so at 7PM we ehaded out to explore Seattle. Getting lost is alot of fun, as we went through communities we'd always wanted to see, and managed to find Golden Gardens Park. man, that place was rockin' yesterday evening!

We managed to pace the police as they cruised back and forth over the Aurora Ave bridge looking for someone at 10 mph in all three lanes, effectively creating a traffic jam. We managed to stop at the Red line Burger joint in Lynnwood to catch our bearing after yours truly skipped the proper exit on 99. Shortly thereafter, though, we had that "ah-ha" moment of popping out to a location we already knew...not so lost after all. It was a great evening to ride, and the fresh evening air took the sting off the knowledge that no one ever thought to share that road in Fall City with me...

...and of course I jest. I was just happy to find the road - surper coola nd can't wait to ride it!

Last edited by a moderator:
You bastards.
Here I've been riding around this area since last June thinking my fine Washingtonian friends had shown me the greatest rodes to ride in the local area. To be fair, I HAVE been introduced to some amazing roads, and for that I thank you.

But I stop my self short of being 100% grateful after discovering, on my own yesterday, the Issaquah-Fall-City Rd.

Yes, whilst cruising in the roadster, enjoying the sun and company of my wife, I happened to turn up a road I once saw 3 BMWs hasten to take, off the main road. It took approximately 45 seconds to realize I was on an excellent little road. At the junction I approached, I had to decided to head straight ahead or turn left. Naturally, I went left as this took me past a sign promising 25 mph twisties for the next mile. ...and boy did it deliver! Carving in there in the Z4 was a real pleasure!

Turning around, I repeated the section in reverse, only to find even more of this type of road awaiting as we headed into Issaquah!

I WILL be headede back on the FJR.

...and after we got home, I was infected witht he urge to ride, so at 7PM we ehaded out to explore Seattle. Getting lost is alot of fun, as we went through communities we'd always wanted to see, and managed to find Seward (sp?) Park. man, that place was rockin' yesterday evening!

We managed to pace the police as they cruised back and forth over the Aurora Ave bridge looking for someone at 10 mph in all three lanes, effectively creating a traffic jam. We managed to stop at the Red line Burger joint in Lynnwood to catch our bearing after yours truly skipped the proper exit on 99. Shortly thereafter, though, we had that "ah-ha" moment of popping out to a location we already knew...not so lost after all. It was a great evening to ride, and the fresh evening air took the sting off the knowledge that no one ever thought to share that road in Fall City with me...

...and of course I jest. I was just happy to find the road - surper coola nd can't wait to ride it!
Are you now begining to realize why leaving the GPS at home is important grasshoper?

I love when my wife tells me to get lost :p

Issaquah-Fall City road is a nice ride (5 minutes from my house). Be careful though. Many weekend days there are a pair of motorcycle cops that hide behind barns and pull folks over for doing a few miles an hour over the speed limit. Lots of problems with very hight speeds on the this road and they are not patient with anybody.

Issaquah-Fall City road is a nice ride (5 minutes from my house). Be careful though. Many weekend days there are a pair of motorcycle cops that hide behind barns and pull folks over for doing a few miles an hour over the speed limit. Lots of problems with very hight speeds on the this road and they are not patient with anybody.
Exactly what I suspected would be the case - and thanks for ocnfirming. :)

I'd happily tool along at the speed limit on this road - it'd still be enjoyable!

Are you now begining to realize why leaving the GPS at home is important grasshoper?I love when my wife tells me to get lost :p
I like getting lost, then turning on the GPS and touching "Go Home."
Given I'd left the GPS in the Z4, I was relegated to dead reckoning and my iPhone...which I used only once. ;) Normally, I'm a big fan of your approach, there, Dave. :)

Are you now begining to realize why leaving the GPS at home is important grasshoper?I love when my wife tells me to get lost :p
I like getting lost, then turning on the GPS and touching "Go Home."
I like getting lost... staying lost for awhile to see if I get unlost... and if that doesnt work THEN having the satisfaction of turning on the GPS and touching "Go Home".