WERA Highside at Jennings GP track

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoadGlide

Reaction score
As most of you know my son-in-law races for Christian Sportbike Racing on the WERA circuit. This past sat he pushed it a little too hard on the last lap/last turn after a long practice session. His friend was video taping from his own bike for training purposes. He is ok. Right ankle and right arm are in a splint. He uses only top of the line equipment for safety and it really saved his butt. Honda 1000RR destroyed! Enjoy.

https://vids.mikebrownracing.com/trackdays/...ningshiside.wmv

Been there, done that, well...not at that track & more than once unfortunately, it's really bad when your own bike then runs you over, don't bother asking how I know.

It happens to the best of them, Matt Mladin & Eric Bostrom both did the exact same thing last weekend.

Glad he is OK.

Seeing him on his feet with a smile on his face brings it home that the track is for young folks! So much for my thoughts of 'yea, I could do that again'.

If you look VERY closely, he lays down a darkie at the entrance to the corner BEFORE he lays down the big one at the exit. When he gets more experience he'll be able to feel slide #1 before promotes slide #2.

Glad to see he's OK.

I'm really glad he's ok, I have two sons who also ride but not race. Shit happens, you just hope not to your son.
john
i've raced with WERA at jennings....that turn at jennings is deceptively tight. only turn on any racetrack i've ever been that would drag my shifter lever and pop it into neutral....twice!

i'm sure vicky (vhsphotography) is who got the pics.

glad he's alright....hope he got that 600rr back together.

Uhm....from the #1 posting:

His friend was video taping from his own bike for training purposes. He is ok. Right ankle and right arm are in a splint. He uses only top of the line equipment for safety and it really saved his butt. Honda 1000RR destroyed!

His friend was video taping from his own bike for training purposes. He is ok. Right ankle and right arm are in a splint. He uses only top of the line equipment for safety and it really saved his butt. Honda 1000RR destroyed!

ummm....did you watch the video? did you see pictures at the end....

.....yeah...didn't think so.

Last edited by a moderator:
His friend was video taping from his own bike for training purposes. He is ok. Right ankle and right arm are in a splint. He uses only top of the line equipment for safety and it really saved his butt. Honda 1000RR destroyed! Enjoy.
I read it on the internet....so it must be true!

What am I supposed to see? I watched it again and?????????

ok...so i'm wrong. the video was all skipping for me...and i thought there were slideshow type pics at the end. right where vicki usually takes pics...i still wouldn't doubt that she got shots of it.

600rr/1000rr...look a lot alike on the track from the rear....600 outnumbers 1000 probably 10-to-1...i assumed at first glance.....i was wrong.....big whoop.

600rr

CBR600-RR%20twin2%20ws.jpg

1000rr

1h1002HiRez.jpg

was it worth pissing off a new board member to show you were right? what was your point?

i was just trying to make conversation...i don't like to only take from a board...i like to give also....he mentioned racing...i'm a racer....and an instructor....i don't know....i just felt like saying hi on that thread.

blah, de blah, de blahity, blah.

ok...so i'm wrong. the video was all skipping for me...and i thought there were slideshow type pics at the end. right where vicki usually takes pics...i still wouldn't doubt that she got shots of it.

600rr/1000rr...look a lot alike on the track from the rear....600 outnumbers 1000 probably 10-to-1...i assumed at first glance.....i was wrong.....big whoop.

600rr

CBR600-RR%20twin2%20ws.jpg

1000rr

1h1002HiRez.jpg

was it worth pissing off a new board member to show you were right? what was your point?

i was just trying to make conversation...i don't like to only take from a board...i like to give also....he mentioned racing...i'm a racer....and an instructor....i don't know....i just felt like saying hi on that thread.

blah, de blah, de blahity, blah.

Oh boy, another with 14 posts and already stirring it up. Give me some popcorn and milk duds please.

Glad your boy is ok.

Has he analized his mishap yet? I could not tell if the front tire was on the paint and maybe slipped? causing him to lock the rear.

Looked good up to that point, Albeit a little slow for my taste :p :rolleyes: B)

You shot your gun in the wrong direction, got called on it and now you are pissed. Get over it and check the ego at the door.

And Hi and welcome back at ya

Glad your boy is ok.
Has he analized his mishap yet? I could not tell if the front tire was on the paint and maybe slipped? causing him to lock the rear.

Looked good up to that point, Albeit a little slow for my taste :p :rolleyes: B)

You shot your gun in the wrong direction, got called on it and now you are pissed. Get over it and check the ego at the door.

And Hi and welcome back at ya

was i wrong....yes.

was it anything important....no.

am i pissed that i was wrong....no

are you a dick for jumping on the bandwagon....yes

are you familiar with the adage that people's pet peeve's are things they are most guilty of....prolly not

did you realize saying i need to check my ego...is just boosting your ego and doing the same you that you are accusing......prolly not

will you learn that from someone you don't like (me)....prolly not

do i give two shits.....no

i came on this thread to simply say hi. that was it.... if you guys want to bash each newb....have at it. i got thick skin...and i'll find out where the dang ignore button is soon.

so...again. hi. glad the boy was alright. front didn't slide...was just too much throttle for condition (lean angle/speed/tire condition/new to track). andre was exactly right....just something you have to learn with experience....listen and feel the bike....you have many warnings before that highside. i would suggest switching to a 600...or an sv650....but since he already has the 1000...probably not too open to switching bikes.

if jennings is your local track....hit up greg melka...he'd be glad to follow you around a couple sessions and give some opinions. real nice guy, real fast. tell him i said hi.

Well, I see that you are good at editing posts So let me do it again for ya.

am i pissed that i was wrong....no
Well yes actually

was it worth pissing off a new board member to show you were right?

are you a dick for jumping on the bandwagon....yes
No bandwagon here. Mr. Man (yet) And yes I am a big dick, and an extreme ass to fuckwads comming in telling other members

When they are being a HUGE ass when they made a tiny mistake. At least

you admit that.

was i wrong....yes.was it anything important....no.
You got that right.

did you realize saying i need to check my ego...is just boosting your ego and doing the same you that you are accusing......prolly not
No ego here, just giving a friendly pointer so we can all do the Rodney King Thing.

and i'll find out where the dang ignore button is soon.
Need instructions or can you handle it?

Jeez, guys....give it a rest! Waaayyyy too much emotional energy being spent here.

i came on this thread to simply say hi. that was it.... if you guys want to bash each newb....have at it. i got thick skin...and i'll find out where the dang ignore button is soon.
Agreed, I thought our discourse was over! I was merely living up to the "title" under my avatar, then we had a couple of typed clarifications and we were done.....no hard feelings....I thought. Y'all are reading way too much into this. BTW, I thought jigmoore's insight into the track was a good read, i.e., changing radii and the shifter being clicked into neutral mid-corner. Far and away more information that I want to find out first-hand.

Now, go for a ride!

Guys (and Kevin) thanks for the words of wisdom. My son-in-law also reads this forum and will get a kick out of the comments. Just for an update: His right elbow is cracked and right ankle twisted badly...all else ok. Yes, it was a 1000RR and is now toast. He was not on the brake, instead too much gas on the 20th lap, worn tires and about 102 degrees on the track....very slippery. Thanks again for all the insight.