Wet Crotch Photos!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the exact reason I didn't buy the one piece Stitch. My commute is almost always in the rain and Aerostitch warns that the Roadcrafter suit can leak eventually. My Darien jacket and AD1 pants from the Rider Wearhouse have not let me down.

Now for some sympathy: :waaa:

I've had the same experience with cheap raingear. And I don't know what it is, but I'm OK until my crotch gets wet. It really is a horrible feeling. :angry2:

Quit yer bitchin! At least you were on your way HOME. You need to have that happen on the way TO work and then have to spend all day explaining yourself.

Don't ask how I know :rolleyes:

Wuntcha be athinkin thet y'all shooda bin doin sum waterproofin afore ridin in the Wintery whether? Jist thinkin-in-tipe! En et bee Doggypilin' Friday, en all.

I too have a one piece stich and yes it leaks at the crotch. Dealing with the flaps helps and I make sure that I roll the front (belly area) over so the water doesn't pool there. I understand it's the zipper that leaks and you can treat the cloth sides of the zipper and it will help. I keep thinking I should try to do that next time I wash it. I fid the spray Scotchgard (green can) works quite well but needs to be done annually.

Doesn't matter what you're wearing if you hit a frog strangler then you will get wet.

Last time I did a stupidity like that I was 18. Helmet got more water than a fish tank, everything soaked, yes everything! Not anymore; If I see something like that coming my way, I would stop somewhere with a roof, such as a restaurant or a motel pronto. Better to pay a few bucks than losing your ride or your life. Here in GA drivers are dumb enough in the dry, imagine in the middle of a rain storm. Oh!!! That is not even considering lighting into the equation. Come on let's use our noggin and don't let stuff like this fool us. Just my .02

Last edited by a moderator:
2233536683_b244375513.jpg
Ha! next time remember to zip your fly... Then again ya just might want to fix that sticky zipper :lol:

Nice JB. Ya got guts letting those shots out, especially here.

:jester:

I luvs my Cycleport gear!
So do I. Fortunately the liners work really well at keeping the body dry. The liners also do an excellent job of funneling the water directly into gloves. Five minutes and your hands are soaked... from the inside out. BTDT YMMV

The Cycleport mesh gear is best limited to summer use or very light showers.

--G

My 'Stitch has seen plenty of wet duty and never leaked. Might have something to do with the tons of Scotchguard I use on it :rolleyes:

2233536683_b244375513.jpg

Is that what happens when we fail to stop every 15 minutes? :p

[SIZE=8pt][/SIZE]

*turn an 'opps's into a positive*

Uhhhh?

Maybe seat designers should mount a "crotch vent", just forward of the riders crotch to vent the accumulated water harmlessly downward, routed to the pavement below the bike, via neoprene tubing?

Uhhhh?

Maybe seat designers should mount a "crotch vent", just forward of the riders crotch to vent the accumulated water harmlessly downward, routed to the pavement below the bike, via neoprene tubing?

Nah....they need to design the seat comparable to the long distance cyclist split seat....that has room for the nutsack so the sperm count doesnt falter.

note:"nutsack" is the word of the day.

Nah....they need to design the seat comparable to the long distance cyclist split seat....that has room for the nutsack so the sperm count doesnt falter.

note:"nutsack" is the word of the day.

i scratched my nutsack this morning

does that count???

Actually its the new long distance rider tactic. Everbodys doing it.....who has time to stop for potty breaks. ;)