What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a new set of PR2's yesterday...I thought that Michelin was supposed to stop production of the PR2.The date code on the rear tire is 0514, and the date code on the front tire is 0114...obviously not old stock.
That was some fast turn-around on the Bridgestone T-30. I guess we have our answer on longevity...about the same as the 023GT?

I got a new set of PR2's yesterday...I thought that Michelin was supposed to stop production of the PR2.The date code on the rear tire is 0514, and the date code on the front tire is 0114...obviously not old stock.
That was some fast turn-around on the Bridgestone T-30. I guess we have our answer on longevity...about the same as the 023GT?
Tom,

The T30 was a lot of fun last weekend for the Appalachian Camping Trip. After doing the Dragon at a spirited pace towards the end of our ride on Saturday, the sides of the rear tire looked like a track day tire. After getting home from the 1,600 mile weekend of twisty heaven, I looked at the rear tire, and was surprised/disappointed to see that the center was almost to the wear bars. I only have just over 2,600 miles on them. The front looks like it would last through a second rear. The T30 GT's were fun while they lasted.

Well I just got a T30 GT rear put on, to replace the 23 GT. I'll see how they do on Flatistan roads. I really liked the 23's (GT version only), and was hoping the T30's could maybe improve on them....we'll see. The front still has plenty of life.

Also had a "minor service" done, and asked them to check the front end bearings and torque settings, which added 3.5 hrs of labor.

My MV riser arrived from Germany today. I had some one inch risers that were straight up but not back that come on the bike. I still had wrist issues with those. I am trying the new ones tomorrow depending on how bad the rain is.

I sure like my MV, much better than the Heli's that were on it.

Didn't do this today but about a week ago.

Due to a pinched nerve in my neck C5-6, which causes pain tipping my head back, I piggybacked the Heli risers on the MV plate. I was able to do this because the Spiegler brake lines I installed were +1.5 inch. I had to reroute the throttle cables under the handlebar to maintain proper throttle return, a bit of a pita but it works! Allows me to ride longer with less pain.

Also had a "minor service" done, and asked them to check the front end bearings and torque settings, which added 3.5 hrs of labor.
Yeah I think that maybe they "serviced" you a little there, not just the bike.
mda.gif

What was their labor rate? If it was $70 an hour (the going rate around here) , that comes to $245 to tighten a few bolts and spin the wheels?

I could have done that in about an hour max (including pulling the wheels off and putting back on) and I'm not even a pro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night I mounted the tank ring for my Givi tank lock bag, next is to mount tires and oil change on Saturday, install some reflective 2m tape to the back of the bag, then go on a 9 day trip
punk.gif

Took mine in for a wallet lightening. Put on new Pirelli Angel GT's, had them change the fork oil, seals, final drive oil, plugs, check wheel bearings, and a good going over at 25K. Will have to do the valve check later this year, too. I wanted them to do a TBS, but they talked me out of it this time.

New air filter today and electrically gooped the last of the ground spiders (by the air filter of course). I also re-glued the emblem on my OEM trunk. It was getting slushy when parked in the hot sun. I used rubber cement, the same thing used for sticky string tire repair. Worked great!

Changed oil and filter, removed both front brake calipers, cleaned, new seals and pads, installed, then bled the brakes...over and over and over again. What a PITA.

The pads (except for the one on the sticky piston), still had more than half life left at 64k miles.

Preparing for this weekend's road trip, I was giving Lucille a once-over.

I noticed a head missing from one of the plastic windscreen screws. Since there was a bag of replacement screws in the saddlebag when I bought her, I proceeded to remove the screen - and discovered another screw was broken, but hadn't fallen out - and a couple others were a little loose.

Removed, cleaned, replaced, and re-tightened all screws holding windshield.

Ready for the 1000 mile weekend.

Installed Motovation frame sliders, Pazzo shorty black levers with red adjusters, Pyramid Fenda Extenda, and also took out the throttle cable slack.

I washed the bike then used RejeX based on someone on another forum saying how great it was. Not a wax but it is applied like wax, probably is wax LOL Anyway this stuff is slicker than owl shit
smile.png
I also put it on the windshield and on my helmet faceshield. It says nothing will stick but the shine. I am about to head out on a 10 day trip so I will give it a good testing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HMPF06/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

9 years?Eww!
Since my bike often has the same patina as Geezer's bike I'm free to point it out without being judgmental
smile.png
Below is a Genuine Stolen Picture© taken of Geezers bike at a recent wrench-fest:

DSC_0300_zps1127d7e1.jpg
Looks OK to me.
unknw.gif

Actually, that is a new used windscreen that I mounted this season, so I wanted to get the bugs off of it before they left permanent marks. That's why I wiped it down this week.