What Do You Wish You Could Transport On Your Bike?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread has me tempted to build a trailer for the paddleboard we are building. But I think a 11.5 ft slab of wood might get a little exciting in the wind.

Weather looks shitty this weekend so I might not ride. I have a long weekly commute.

Anyways, yes, "exciting" is a heck of a way to put that... I would be lying though if I said I didn't desperately want to figure out how to pull a kayak behind the FJR. I was thinking a wheel mounted on the back of the kayak like a outboard motor that swings down for towing. Then maybe some kind of u-joint to attach it to the bike? Ideas?

You freaking bet I would have the FJR launch it on the boat ramp too.....

Screens are fragile. Bigger ones need to be packed flat, facing down (unless in original packing and probably better, in that case, upright). But they really aren't built to handle much side load or twisting of the frame. Done many many of these over the years and caution is rewarded.

MUCH cheaper to spend $30 to rent something and haul it safely to the destination than to buy a new one. But since you have a cage, I suggest that stubborness can get expensive quickly. Some people can afford to be stubborn though.

Alright, fine. I just transported the TV with my truck.

Not to let common sense take the victory here, I instead hauled an iMac on the back of it for three hours.

Made it fine lol. It works great for music

Attachments

• received_2909754809154970[1].jpeg
    received_2909754809154970[1].jpeg
    385.2 KB · Views: 0
Not only did I wish it, I have actually done it. Blanton's, Whistle Pig, Buffalo Trace, Jefferson's Ocean, Woodford Reserve Double Oaked, among other smart juices. But always wait until you get home to sample the results of your ride mission.

Last edited:
I found a new home for my 2013 iMac 27". Old enough that the OS is frozen in time but functionally fine. Heavy and clumsy to move. I don't know how heavy the 24" (?) is.

I found a new home for my 2013 iMac 27". Old enough that the OS is frozen in time but functionally fine. Heavy and clumsy to move. I don't know how heavy the 24" (?) is.
This is a 2009 21.5 inch. If you put an SSD in them, they are very very usable still. I still use a laptop from 2013 to this day, and it's as fast as most new laptops, except in the gaming department.

I have a friend who pulled his kayak on a light trailer with his dirt bike to get into remote places, but on the bike I've moved a drier across town when I moved in the late 80's on my XS750, because it wouldn't fit in the Cuda. Hard part was getting it strapped down, weight was less than a passenger. Wish I'd had a camera then...

I rode with a slalom water ski on the back of my Yamaha 650 Special II (bungied to the back seat; perpendicular to the bike) for about 90 miles to the lake. Sporty! But I was more bullet proof in my 20s.

Also frequently run to the RenFair with my 6' walking staff bungied to the FJR like a stinger. I keep a real close eye on tail gaiters.