What Else Can I Do To My FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, that blows. Really glad to hear that you're not banged up too badly, but take it easy on yourself for a couple of days to make sure.

Bikes get fixed, but sorry you have to do it.

Ouch! I'm sure your pride took a serious hit. Thank goodness that's all that suffered, and that you're wise enough to fess up to a dumb mistake.

We could start a thread asking all the riders who've never done anything stupid to tell us their secret, then laugh at the liars that post there.

I own up to making a anti-text-book U turn, incorporating every single thing that I know not to do. The throttle was completely closed, my eyes were fixated on the ground and for good measure I applied some front brake. Guess what the bike did?

Glad you're Ok.

Jill

Damn Tim, gald you made it out better than Skooter has! At least you didn't Skooterize your body! I'm sure that's a horrifying thought!

Glad you weren't seriously hurt. Heal up fast...WFO needs ya. Keep that brake pedal and find a nice empty spot on the desk. The daily reminder will be priceless.

--G

Sorry you had the experience Tim, been there and hurt dat........

But glad you are up and about. May be time for the blue lightning paint job you dreamed of. BUt I've gone wide on turns like everybody else who has been caught dreaming, and lucked out. Glad no oncoming traffic found you. What would you do different after some thought and Dr. Daniels elixer?

TWN, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. There's not time enough for anyone to make (and survive) all of the mistakes, so your contribution is sorely appreciated.

On a related note, perhaps a change of avatar could be in order, presented here for your approval:

Timmy.jpg

Heal well!

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
TWN,

Everybody is really glad you're ok. I think that many forum members especially respect and appreciate the insights from the permanant fixtures on the board like yourself and a few others, especialy after a crash (note that I intentionaly didn't use the term get off). As has been mentioned already, it is a healthy reminder that we are all vulnerable, always.

What doesn't kill us makes us better riders...just broker better riders with bruised egos.

Anyway, I'm nursing a knee injury this weekend after crashing off road. No damage to the bike at all and I would gladly prefer the more costly/injury free scenario. Of course if I fell better sooner rather than later and after you tally up your repairs, I may recant that remark.

I take it that you didn't have the video rolling?

Good luck with the repairs. Looking forward to seeing the results at WFO.

Ouch, fratello :blink:

I feel your pain (literally). Good thing you got back on your feet and were not seriously hurt. (But you'll discover a few new bruises every day).

From the look of things it's a paint job and a new brake pedal (I have one exactly like it :rolleyes: ). Mmmhh..that slider, too, wants to retire.

Your front subframe seem to've been spared and that's good news.

Well, TWN, as the flyboys put it: "it's a good landing when you can walk awawy from it".

Take care compadre

Stef

Powerful glad road angels were looking over your shoulder.

Mercy! I sure didn't know just how confident you were last evening in saying that the bags make good sliders.

Good luck w/ yer bike.

The more of these I see, the slower I go. At this rate, I'll be jockeying for position with speedwalkers by summers end. Glad you're ok, you &*$#+@ %#&^! On another note, when are folks gonna realize these aren't R1's? Who's gonna be the next dead one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy waving middle fingers, bat-nut!

Glad to hear you are OK. Can't believe you got up and rode again, I think I would be too nervous!

Good thing this fall was a fully recoverable lesson learned - not a permanent reminder of a simple mistake.

Heal quick and spend at least double what it would really cost to get the bike fixed (ya know, upgrades and stuff while you have the plastic off!)

-BD

Glad to hear you came out okay and your personal gear did the job. Thanks for posting the pictures and telling the story...if nothing else, this post is a good refresher to us to all that no matter what our experience level is, we can't afford to become complacent. Again, glad to hear you're okay.

Ouch. No so good when bike fall down go boom. I would normally say heal up and ride again but in your case stop riding and heal well.

TWN, glad you are not seriously injured.

I remember when you were telling us that you had acquired the habit of using a little back brake to settle the bike as you enter a corner. I wonder how much that habit contributed. I use a little back brake when entering a curve if I feel that I'm going too fast and I wonder if I need to unlearn that and just lean it over a bit more instead.

Do you 'cover' the front brake when you are turning? I have seen the results of grabbing the front brake while leaning over, and I know that's not a good idea. I do not cover the front brake once I enter a turn because I don't want to squeeze that lever by mistake.

We'll know everything is back to normal when you post something with a middle finger in it ;) Never actually waited to get the bird before.

Dang Tim, I sure hate it!

I'm really glad to hear you are ok.

Get well soon..........keep us posted on your recovery.