What is your minimum size bike?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I lived in the mountains, I'd have a 600 cc sport bike.

If I ever get enough nerve to try a dual sport, it will be no larger than 350 cc.

For sport touring, 1298 cc feels just about right....

My "other" bike is a Yamaha YZF-R3 (2015), 320cc. It is not for touring like the FJR but what a great machine it is! Light, great handling, plenty of power (once you're used to seeing 5-digit RPMs). 70 mpg ain't bad either.

I think the Grom is one of the coolest motorcycles in many years and I actually sat on one more than once trying to figure out if it would be possible for me to fit on one and ride it. No way. But it's still cool and it's 125cc.
I know several guys that own them and love riding them - and many are much larger than me..

I think the Grom is one of the coolest motorcycles in many years and I actually sat on one more than once trying to figure out if it would be possible for me to fit on one and ride it. No way. But it's still cool and it's 125cc.
I know several guys that own them and love riding them - and many are much larger than me..
I've seen one or two with . . um . . mature guys riding them and they seemed to be having fun. I gotta get my CT70 running again.
bike.gif

Mad fun on the kart track.

gromturn2_zps3654c359.jpg

I have an antique tagged Honda CB400F Super Sport that is a blast to ride. Being that it is almost 40 years old one must keep in mind the braking technology, points ignition, and suspension are not on a par with anything of current manufacture but it takes me back to why I started riding in the first place. Lots of fun to take on leisurely rides on weekends and for shows. Pretty reliable so I could do some travel on it but the FJR makes that so effortless why would I.

Friend of mine just stumbled across a Honda VF250 Interceptor that he's been enjoying the crap out of. Riding it to work and zipping around the back roads.