Whats your favorite Sitcom of all time?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your favorite?

• All in the Family

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Married with Children

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • WKRP in Cincinnati

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • The Office

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M*A*S*H

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Friends

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Seinfeld

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • Taxi

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • I haven't watched T.V. in the past 40yrs.

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters

GeorgiaRoller

Exit Stage Left
Reaction score
Ok...enough of this April fools crap. You miserable northerners really just need to go ride, your all effed in the head. lol. I figured try I'd to lighten the mood around this miserable morgue that's a supposed front for an actual motorcycle forum.
fool.gif

I picked some of the more popular Sitcoms of the 70's, 80's, 90's & 00's. I can only list ten so yes I'm sure you'll tell me the ones I should have included. But this is my thread and these are the one's I picked...so deal with it!
rolleyes.gif

I was never a "M*A*S*H" guy. I hated the intro music and I didn't find the show very funny at all. But I loved "All in the family". Man if you watch some of those old episodes today I really can't believe (by today's standards) what they got away with talking about. Talk about policitically incorrect!...which is why the show was so awesome!

I also loved "Sanford & Son", "Three's Company" and thought "Cheers" was usually pretty good.

But for me there is one sitcom that is the best one of all time...Seinfeld. I've seen every episode probably 50 times and I still laugh. I don't think there has ever been a better 4-person dynamic sitcom with Jerry, George, Kramer & Elaine. The show just got better & funnier as it went on. For a show that was truly about "nothing" the characters and their interaction with each other and how each little situation all tied together for complete insanity in each episode was a thing of beauty.

What is your favorite & why?

Seinfelds "Bastard & Son of a Bitch" episode...good God I loved that one. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, kinda hard to say, the only one listed that I have seen at least one episode is All in the Family
blinksmiley.gif

Hmm, kinda hard to say, the only one listed that I have seen at least one episode is All in the Family
blinksmiley.gif
Were you just awoken from a time capsule?...btw the Cold War with the Soviet Union fell in 1989...in case you missed that one while you were asleep.
smile.png

What about...Leave It To Beaver, I Dream of Jeannie, Lost in Space, Giligans Island, The Honeymooners, and

The Andy Griffith Show?

Of the shows listed, I voted for MASH, but I would have chosen some different options, including one of my favorites, WKRP in Cinncinnatti. I worked in small-town radio at the time, and there were so many bits in that show that hit soooo close to home! All-time favorite 'KRP episode: the one with the Thanksgiving Turkey Giveaway!!

Hi there...

did you guys ever watch Ally McBeal....loved that one, but voted Seinfeld

Ok, all time favorite? Would have to be "Taxi".

Of the shows listed, I voted for MASH, but I would have chosen some different options, including one of my favorites, WKRP in Cinncinnatti. I worked in small-town radio at the time, and there were so many bits in that show that hit soooo close to home! All-time favorite 'KRP episode: the one with the Thanksgiving Turkey Giveaway!!
That was he funniest episode, on any sitcom, ever!

That was he funniest episode, on any sitcom, ever!
"For those of you who just tuned in, the Pinedale Shopping Mall has just been bombed with live turkeys...film at 11!"
lol.gif

WKRP in Cinncinnatti. I worked in small-town radio at the time, and there were so many bits in that show that hit soooo close to home! All-time favorite 'KRP episode: the one with the Thanksgiving Turkey Giveaway!!
Thanks for reminding me of that show....Poll has been edited to include it now. I used to watch that one as well.

I also edited choice number 10 for some of you other jokers. lol

Red Dwaft

Followed by "House of Payne"

...and I never thought of Firefly as a Sitcom. But good it was.

...I also edited choice number 10 for some of you other jokers. lol
DING!!! Thanks. When I moved out of my family's house (while I was still in high school) I was too poor to own anything, including a TV for years. I walked everywhere until I saved enough unspent bus money so I could buy a bicycle for transportation. I broke the TV addiction and when I went back to watch commercial TV I found that I couldn't stomach it. I'll watch some select news, and sometimes science/history/public TV but that's about it.

Married with Children. I used to joke with my son by telling him that if we had the dizzy blonde we would have the whole family. Bud was my favorite character. I thought Peg was hot.

What about...Leave It To Beaver, I Dream of Jeannie, Lost in Space, Giligans Island, The Honeymooners, andThe Andy Griffith Show?
I was thinking the same thing. As much as I've enjoyed a couple of the 70's and newer sitcoms, the first one that came to my mind was the Honeymooners with Jackie Gleason. The interaction between Gleason and his goofy cast members was legendary.

But I still love to watch the Andy Griffith Show with Andy, Don Knotts and a very young Ron Howard.

Hey-- remember Jim Nabors in Gomer Pyle? That show was a hoot. I used to love to watch Sergeant Carter, played by Frank Sutton, lecture and yell in the face of a very inept GomerPyle. His dream was to get rid of Gomer someday.

But one of my very favorites wasn't even mentioned: McHale's Navy. With Ernest Borgnine and Tim Conway and good ole Captain Binghamton...

My top 5 would also have to include Hogan's Heroes. Remember Sergeant Schultz, Bob Crane as Colonel Hogan, and good old Colonal Klink?

Almost forgot: I loved Gilligan's Island and still do.

Wouldn't it be amazing if modern day sitcom's had the same stuff as these old black and white programs had? I miss the good old days, but am certainly glad that all of this stuff is available still - through the internet.

Gary

darksider #44

-oh, forgot to mention, I'm CERTAINLY glad April 1st is over and done !!! I'm going to start wearing some RayBan
smile.png
sunglasses in honor of that day.

My top 5 would also have to include Hogan's Heroes. Remember Sergeant Schultz, Bob Crane as Colonel Hogan, and good old Colonal Klink?
Me & my older brother used to watch reruns of "Hogans Hero's" as kids. We loved that show along with "Get Smart".

Sitcoms are like snapshots of America frozen in time. Watch a 50's show and compare it's content with a 70's show. What a 70's show and compare it's content to a 90's show. It's a trip.

Here's a clip from "Sanford and Son" that could never be aired in today's PC climate. Advisal, there's the use of the "n" word in here.

It's hard to pick a favorite from the list above because most of the were good.