Where is the Horn Fuse???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjsC6

Reaction score
Well, it's a rainy weekend in Houston, so I decided to buy some horns. Part of installing anything for me is learning more about the motorcycle. I decided to take the painted portion of the fairing off next to where the battery is. No luck. Took off LOTS of fasteners, and finally gave up trying to pull that panel off. But thats another bitch.

Then I started studying where and how to run the electrical for the horns. The horns I bought say to use a 10amp fuse. Well, I got to wondering what the stock horn fuse was. After looking in the manual, and at the fuse boxes, I never found the horn fuse. How in the world can Yamaha not include this bit of information in the owners manual? I did a search on the thread that tells how to mount the aftermarket horns, and I'm comfortable with the work involved, and I did discover that APPARENTLY the fuse horn is only 3 amps - which will not suffice. But just for grins I'd still like to know which fuse is the stock horn fuse.

Thanks for letting me vent, and I appreciate any answers on which one is the fuse for the horn.

It's refered to as 'Signaling System' in Yamaha speak. 10 amp fuse in position 4 (?) IIRC, in the fuse box under the left rear dash/cowling panel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, what "twowheelnut" said. No"3A horn fuse", It's combined with other signals and is part of the 15A signaling system fuse. Run those horns off a relay and power them from a fused connection to the battery to prevent overloading your existing wiring.

Thanks for the responses. I guess I was confused on the fuse amperage because of this post:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...ic=8660&hl=horn

that says it's a 3 amp horn. I do realize the difference. However, I now have two replies with two different amperages on the fuse (one of you says 15, one 10). But at least now I know what to look for in the owners manual.

Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the responses. I guess I was confused on the fuse amperage because of this post:https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...ic=8660&hl=horn

that says it's a 3 amp horn. I do realize the difference. However, I now have two replies with two different amperages on the fuse (one of you says 15, one 10). But at least now I know what to look for in the owners manual.

Thanks again.
Book says 10 ('03 - '05).