Where to park vehicle/trailer for long periods when towing bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuadX

Reaction score
My wife and I are planning a trip to Colorado at the end of this month. If I was solo, I would just ride it the whole way. But when going two up, it is more comfortable to trailer the bike. We are coming from Austin, TX and would like to un-trailer the bike in Las Vegas, NM and park the vehicle/trailer for a week while we ride through Colorado for a week or two.

So that leads me to my question...Where can a park a vehicle/trailer for a week or two without worrying about it being towed?

Here in NM I would be worried about theft too...

Seriously, if you're intent on Vegas, look for a storage place and see if they'll cut you a deal for a week of outside storage.

If you're not set on Vegas, I know this guy that lives in Red River who prolly has some space for a MC trailer to sit for a week or two.

+1 on contacting a storage facility and inquire about renting parking space. It will be in a gated yard with lights. Smaller the town the better.

Shit...I just noticed you're coming from Austin. If you wanna drop it off closer to Albuquerque, my mom has a few hundred acres you can use. I'll meet you there on my bike and lead you up the fun route towards Albuquerque. Then you can head for Santa Fe or Los Alamos.

Yes...337. It used to be South 14, but as with all things...337 is the only decent route back, and is not far from where'd you'd drop the trailer.

Then we could hit 550 to highway 4 and run up the back of Los Alamos. From there, you can head through Penasco to Mora. Up through Black Lake to AngelFire then Eagle's Nest. Run to Red river, down towards Taos from Questa and then take 64 across Hopewell Pass to Chama. It's a straight shot to Pagosa, which is a GREAT step off to beautiful Colorado riding.

OR you can do a faster route.

Interested in the same thing! My December California trip was way-laid last year due to ice on the road between TX and Ca. Only got as a far as Albuquerque NM before stopping. Ended up touring SanteFe/Taos for a few days and turning back. This year is going to be different - I hope. Going to haul the FJR out to CA on the back of my truck, park it somewhere and then tour up the coast for a week or two. What to do with the mule while you are touring??