White/Green Mountain ride 2009

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Art,

I am sorry to hear about Lady. I know this wasn't a sudden thing at all, you mentioned her problems way back last fall. You can be sure that she is more comfortable now.

But that is excellent news that you'll be joining us this weekend. Looking forward to seeing you again and meeting Felicia!

For early arrivals on Friday, there is a restaurant in the Hotel. There is also the 7 Barrel Brewery (a brew pub) across the large parking lot from the hotel, which does a good job with pub fare. But we will probably be going there on Saturday night for dinner.

Rte 12A, which is the road you exit off the interstate, just before you turn up Airport Rd. to the hotel, has a number of chain restaurants: Pizza Hut, Friendly's, Panera Bread, Applebees, Chilis, 99 Restauraunt. There's also Koto Japanese and Men at Wok on that strip.

If you're looking for something "more" and don't mind spending a little more, try Jesse's Restaurant and Tavern in nearby Hanover. They do a nice steak and have some pretty good seafood as well. That one has "TheAxeman" seal of approval. If you know Chris at all, you know that means it's good. It's about 15 minutes up Rte 10 map linky

I just checked the route going up. 194 miles 3 hrs. and 32 Mins. I wish the wify could get out early Friday.

We went to applebees last year and weren't to pleased. Could have been a bad night tho. Plenty of other places around the hotel.

ALMOST THERE !!! :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear of the pasing of your dog Art. Anythime you lose a pet that has spent that much time with you it hurts. That said I'm glad you can make it. Weather forecast is looking FANTASTIC! I'll be seeing you guys Saturday morning. It should be a good weekend. :clapping:

Tom

Surprise!!!

Add 2 more to the list! (one bike though)

Just made the last-minute decision and booked a room at the Fireside for tonight & tomorrow night.

Julie & I will be in attendance!

John

We are coming up for the VT part of the ride, can't make the NH part but BTDT a lot. Helen and I will be arriving sometime on Sat. We have our room for two nights and after asking nicely, Fireside honored the White/Green Mountain Ride discount even though the group discount had expired :good: :good:

Looking forward to the ride, see everyone Saturday evening!

John, that is so excellent!!

I'm really glad that you'll be able to join us. Looking forward to meeting Julie.

At least you guys won't freeze your asses off this time, eh? ;)

Weather%20Forecast.jpg

So by my tally, that brings us up to an even dozen FJRs, (with two non-FJR friends possibly joining on Sunday) half of those 12 FJRs will be 2-up. We may have as many as 20 people riding on Sunday!!

I'm psyched!! :yahoo: (as if you can't tell) :yahoo:

AFAIK, my friends won't be able to make the ride. Seems that BMW's recalled ignition switch antenna rings are back ordered so he won't get his R11200RT in time.

Ah, OK. So it's an even dozen. Here's who I have.

Forum Handle / # / names / arrival

Fred W / 2-up / Fred & Joann / Fri

08FJR4ME / 2-up / Dave & Ann / Fri

Roadrunner / 2-up / Art & Felicia / Fri

pmk6v / 2-up / Pete & ?? / Fri

jmarran / 2-up / John & Julie / Fri

zip / solo / Barry / Fri

taz1300 /solo/ George / Fri

ultracv088 / solo / Michael / Fri

snikr / solo / Tom / Sat AM (maybe Sun AM)

FJRed / solo / Ed / Sat AM

VTFJR13 / solo / Eric / Sat AM

ionbeam / 2-up / Alan & Helen / Sat PM

Some of you may already be on the road.

I should already be on the road, but finishing some work stuff, so likely going to arrive at 9 or later tonight. Really psyched, though. I think the group size looks about perfect.

Well, day 1 ride completed with one minor mishap. Tom (snikr) brought along a friend from work who promptly low sided his shiney FZ1 before we got off fst idle. He got tangled up in a rut in the asphalt (patch repairs) and from the rubber marks on the road it looked like his front brake locked up. The levis didn't help his knees much, but his jacket, helmet, gloves and what we could clearly now see were steel toe boots all worked well.

He took a little ambulance ride to the hospital to get checked out, but was able to come back later and ride the bike back home. We all figured if he'd had decent pants on it would have been just some scratched tupperware.

Need I say it? ATGATT!!!

The rest of the ride went off as planned and we had a great sunny warm day. :yahoo:

Day 2 in the Greens coming up!

Well Brad and I made it back home safe and sound. We had a good time riding with everyone. Fred did a great job leading the group. I also found out that my FJR can also be a dual-sport bike(hehe). I was also very impressed that a group of 12 bikes went at a good pace only traffic slowed us down. I have rode with other large groups and it is hard to find a whole group to ride at the same pace. This was my first time getting together with folks from the FJR forum and it was a good one. I wish I had more time to get to meet and know everyone. Maybe my wife and I can both make it next year. I hope everyone makes it home safe.

Eric

Well we finished off day two and as far as I know eveyone is OK, just a little WARM! Who said we were not going to get any summer here in the North East. Traffic was the hold up again today as well. From what I could tell everyone had a good time. I can't wait for the photos to be posted.

Tom

Just checkin in to say we made it home O.K.

Just a little tired and sore but nothin a cold one and hot tub can't fix. Man those FJR leaders wear ya out. ;) They know how to put on a good ride. More details tomorrow.

Now where did I put those Cape Cod maps?

Good knight all and we had a great time. :D

Now for some: :lazy: :lazy: :lazy: :lazy:

Yup, Joann and I made it home safe and sound too, (after a brisk little blast down 114 with Dave and Ann. ;) )

After we split up at the Shell station, I passed some clapped out sport bike (couldn't tell what it was) leaving one of the lights in Goffstown. The rider was wearing a sleeveless tee-shirt (wife-beater) and shorts and sneakers. His "pillion" had some shorts and flip-flops on. No helmets of anything . He was loafing along over on the right side of the road with 2 cars in front of him, so I passed them all to get to some open road just before the women's prison. I guess it must have pissed him right off to be passed by a bass boat blue bagger or something because about 20 seconds later he came screaming up from behind and re-passed me (on my right). . Maybe he thought I was going to race him for pinks or something... Douchebag

I'll tell you what, we (northerners) are definitely not used to the kind'a heat we had around here this past weekend (90+), but I am definitely not complaining one iota.

I'm really glad that everyone had a good time. That is the main point, afterall. We'll definitely have to do it again sometime soon. I'm also looking forward to hearing how George, Michael and Barry's ride to the border went.

George, Michael, Barry & I had a great ride up over the App Gap (Michael is convinced that Rt. 17 was the best road he's ever been on :yahoo: ) and then up Rt. 100 through Smuggler's Notch. We stopped in Jeffersonville so they could decide what they are going to do from there. At that point, a rain shower came out of nowhere and drenched us (well, except for Michael who was on the porch putting on his raingear while we sat on on our bikes in the rain waiting for him :whistle: ) Luckily, the rain didn't last long. Just enough to make everything wet and cool things down a little. (actually felt pretty good after cooking in the 90 degree heat all day)

We headed south back through the Notch to Stowe where they got rooms for the night and I headed home. I believe they were planning a make a loop up through the Champlain islands toward the Canadian border today and then head for home.

Great two days of riding! Many many thanks to Fred and Tom for organizing and planning this out. It was great to meet and ride with so many people from the Forum. It's nice to be able to put actual faces with the names and postings you see online.

Ed.

(I'll post up a few pictures as soon as I have a chance.)

Michael is convinced that Rt. 17 was the best road he's ever been on :yahoo:
What? Even better than the road from Lyme up through Hardscrabble? (that was the dirt road) :p

Thanks for the info Ed. It was great having you along for the ride again. Glad you had a good time.

We still have to get our pictures offloaded and uploaded too. I'll work on that tomorrow.

That must have been you FJRed I saw headed south on Rt 89 VT in the Sharon-Woodstock exit area on your way to West Lebanon. I was headed north bound in the dark green Tundra with a red Honda in the back.

Coulda been me...

I was on 89 headed south Saturday morning. I left Waterbury just before 7am and got to WRJ a little after 8am. Quite foggy in some spots...

Ed.