Who Is Up for a Ride in the Ozarks?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

festar

Reaction score
I'm heading east, currently around Amarillo Tx but expect to be in/nearby north west Arkansas Thursday 29th. Anyone with local knowledge up for a ride northern Arkansas or OZARKS?

Petey I hear that's your stomping ground.

Festar

Last edited by a moderator:
Petey is teaming up with me tomorrow from Oklahoma do some of his faves as far as Fayetteville and recommended a couple days worth of roads. I'll be Hostelling it, done with camping. From there I'll head into Alabama

Petey is teaming up with me tomorrow from Oklahoma do some of his faves as far as Fayetteville and recommended a couple days worth of roads. I'll be Hostelling it, done with camping. From there I'll head into Alabama
You're in good hands with Petey. He knows all the good Ozark roads

Just don't try to keep up.
no.gif

Just don't try to keep up. :no:
I've ridden with Petey before, well followed. Boy he can ride.
We left Petey's 7am and took some of his backroad story Fayetteville, Arkansas then the spot shows my route.

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=148c2594327937084f&showInfo=yes&showHome=yes&hoursPast=24&fillFactor=100&zoomLevel=10&showAll=no

I'm camped the night in Clarkesville ready to tackle more great roads tomorrow.

I have a new favourite!!!

Petey set me up with this, from Clarksville north east cross country through Marshal then left at Big Flat onto Push Mountain Road to Norfolk. About 2 1/2 hours of great road surface, sweeping 30-45 bends undulating hills and the odd tortoise. Very little traffic. It was what dreams are made of.

Just don't try to keep up.
no.gif
Petey is Fast there is no doubt. Festar is Fast also. Very Fast. Word at YFO was that if you needed to get somewhere in a hurry, let Festar lead.

Both of those guys are on a level above me.

Petey would outride my all day. He's a machine.

You shouldn't believe everything you hear at a Rally either Redfish. Though we were in the groove.

Festar it was fun riding with you
snitch.gif
and wish I could have ridden with you couple more days. Have fun for the rest of your stay in the US and be safe, hope to ride with you again some day.
bye.gif

Festar it was fun riding with you :snitch: and wish I could have ridden with you couple more days. Have fun for the rest of your stay in the US and be safe, hope to ride with you again some day. :bye:
You Petey are a true gentleman. Can't thank you enough for fitting the tire and supper not to mention riding with me to Fayetteville.

I won't forget Push Mountain Road in a hurry, actually the entire ride from Clarkesville to the top of Push Mountain Rd was a real treat.

Cheers my friend

Festar

I'm leaving for the ozarks Friday morning. Stopping around Jackson friday and taking back roads Saturday go Eureka Springs where I'm staying for a week. Have 6 days of different routes planned. Petey, if you're around and want to ride or show me some routes, would be happy to meet you.