who thinks this is going to be it for 2010?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is the same picture that was circulating last year at this time.

Gonna have to wait another 2 weeks or so for the real deal. Yamaha's site was the only source that was correct in years past.

Offered in multiple colors.

yamaha-fjr-1400.jpg

~

Word is the Yamaha dealer meetings start Tuesday, Sept 8th, and they are having regional ones instead of one big national one. Check with your dealers as they should have the straight skinny on most all the 2010 Yamaha models by the end of next week, including the wild new, "reverse head" YZF-450 motocrosser.

Just FYI...

Dallara

~

Last edited by a moderator:
~

Word is the Yamaha dealer meetings start Tuesday, Sept 8th, and they are having regional ones instead of one big national one. Check with your dealers as they should have the straight skinny on most all the 2010 Yamaha models by the end of next week, including the wild new, "reverse head" YZF-450 motocrosser.

Just FYI...

Dallara

~
You are correct. Scoop, if there is any, will be out Tuesday morning.

The European blogs are convinced there will be a new model for 2010 , we shall soon see. With the economy the way it is , and Yamaha not having the best of years in 09 I could see them pushing out a replacement for at least another year.

Depsite it's older design , the FJR still ranked in the top 2 in the last shootout , so they really don't need to change much .

Where are the bags?

I need somewhere to put all of my crap!

OOOOOH look, I am a pilot now.

whhooooohooooooooo!

If they build the bike in the picture, I'll be buying a new FJR for sure in '10 (as will a good friend of mine). If the bike is a 100% carryover, there is a definite chance I'll buy something different. Time for something new and improved. I love my bike, but it's not perfect, and I really don't want to spend money just to get what I already have.

Looking at the picture makes me wonder how the bags will attach. Seeing there is still a CCT hole plug in the frame terrorizes me.

Concerning bikes with major changes, or new models, I prefer to wait and see what people report back about what kind of bike it is. I like something proven so I know what I am getting.

I like to go with various used bikes instead of one new one. I've got 4 right now. Honda Ascot 500 single, Suzuki SV650 naked V-twin, ZX-14 and the FJR. A lot more fun than having just the same bike all the time.

...those airscoop looking things up front look like hell, quite disharmonious to the rest of the design....nice photoshop job though! If Yamaha was smart, they would add some xtras as standard equipment....gotta stay ahead of the competition is the rule of the game. Up here in Canuckle Land, we have the heated grips and theft deterrent system as standard and they work great. Ofcourse, we do pay 5,000. more for the bike! Then again, thats 5,000. we don`t have to spend on medical...lets call it even. :assassin: