• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

"Wild Bill" Riley Higway Peg mounts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 on the pics....

I was really on the fence about these... I picked up the brackets (used) from Smitty, though he didn't use them someone before him did. I didn't have pegs, they sat in the barn all last fall/winter because I just wasn't convinced they'd do much. They aren't *that* much further, and appear to just be shin bashers on the 06.

Boy was I wrong. They really are great. Yes they can be shin bashers if you're not wearing touring boots, but 98% of the time that I'll use them I will be wearing them so it's not so bad. I don't think I need the extenders.

Pretty simple install too (right side plastic was tad tricky) but this was money very well spent.

Had G powder coat mine a year ago, engine color also,and they look factory as a result-a comment I've had several times is "when did Yamaha start making those?". I also have Kuryakin's pegs, female mount (bolt from backside). This style allows you to use a longer bolt, and space the pegs out as I did with stainless washers, so that no fairing to leg contact is made. 'bout 1/2 inch per side does the trick, YMMV etc.

.... I had em powder coated in black and no drilling was required.....
hmmm, I had to drill the plates out to 1/2" to accommodate the offsets.

No biggee, but having a drill press would have been nice. :dribble:

Yep, I had too as well. Only i have my offsets rotated, so the are toward the 1 oclock position, which holds the pegs higher.

They still do scrape, but i have them angled so they fold up correctly, if they do touch down.

My bike is in the shop having a new front wheel & tires mounted. When she's back home, I'll take a picture.

Love the Wild Bill peg setup. Makes a big difference just changing the angle of the legs and the rear on the seat. Yeah Wild Bill :clapping: