Windshield Edging??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shane Stump

Reaction score
I have the SAENG/TA V.3 Micro-Swirl Edging on my GL1800 windshield and it does an EXCELLENT job at keeping the rain from coming over the windshield into the rider's area.

I was wondering if anyone has found another source for a similar product that is CLEAR (i.e. NOT BLACK)? I just installed my CALSCI windshield and I had the chance to test it yesterday in the rain. I really want to put the edging on.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Shane

I was told that they do not make clear

edging because the chemicals needed to make it "clear" will damage plastic over time. I know this is true for those clear plastic suction cups .. so guessing it might be true for anything simular.

KM

I was told that they do not make clear edging because the chemicals needed to make it "clear" will damage plastic over time. I know this is true for those clear plastic suction cups .. so guessing it might be true for anything simular.

KM
KM,

Thanks - I didn't know that! I will have to measure my windshield when I get home and just order the SAENG/TA edging!

Best Regards,

Shane

edging because the chemicals needed to make it "clear" will damage plastic over time. I know this is true for those clear plastic suction cups .. so guessing it might be true for anything simular.

KM
KM,

Thanks - I didn't know that! I will have to measure my windshield when I get home and just order the SAENG/TA edging!

Best Regards,

Shane
The edging you speak of says that it deflects the wind as well. Has anyone tried it on the stock shield. Maybe we won't have to replace it. Just a thought. Everett

KM
KM,

Best Regards,

Shane
The edging you speak of says that it deflects the wind as well. Has anyone tried it on the stock shield. Maybe we won't have to replace it. Just a thought. Everett

I've got it on my 05 stock shield. I did not like the amount of buffeting with stocker but also did not want a large shield. The edging seems to reduce the buffeting about 50-60% for me(I'm 6') when shield full up.

Latest posts