Wing Replacement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesW

JamesW
Reaction score
The 2012 Honda Integra Touring Motorcycle as pictured in MCN, kind of a nifty looking rig and functionally smaller, don't suppose there will be one at the show. The 1800 is my station wagon and errand runner while my FJR is the road ranger.

It appears to have the same market potential as the DN-01.

That is to say, what a POS! It even looks like a scooter, with the footwell filled in.

The leading guess is that this scootercycle is aimed at the World Market and not the US specifically. It's interesting to note that the 2 cyl dual ohv engine has screw and lock nut valve adjustments which can be done more easily and a lot less $$ than shim under bucket. It is also a fail-safe design where an out of spec valve clearance is likely to result in too small a valve opening instead of too big an opening, possibly leading to burned valves.

It comes with a dual clutch auto shift or standard transmission trying to bring in newly successful riders without any previous manual shifting experience. Honda it ballyhooing fuel economy over 60 mpg.

honda-integra.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
When will Honda come out with a CB750 Hondamatic? ;)
Step into my Delorean with me Wheaties, set the time for 1978, and hold on. Ahh, having arrived let's listen for the big splash the Hondamatic is going to make... Hey, I didn't hear anything. How about a drip instead of a splash? Wait, I faintly hear something -- yep it's there but almost inaudible -- it sounds just like fizzle. Hey that's the same noise every automatic transmission and auto clutch have always made so far. I wonder what Honda thinks has changed this time?

Last edited by a moderator:
I donno how its gonna do, but I hadn't even heard of one, so I Googled an image. When I clicked to make one of them fullsize, the image was hosted on the main page of...........................A Scooter Forum. Hahahahahahahahahahaha.