Wiring Question - 2010 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benjammer

Reaction score
Hey Guys.....Using a Posi-Tap, I need to tap into the side running lights/turn signals. Can someone please let me know which color wire is the one that stays on when you turn the ignition on? Again, I call these the running lights but they serve as turn signals as well.

*Do not want to tap into the turn signal wire.

Appreciate the help.

In this bundle, under the pillion seat, blue wire (possibly with red tracer).

(Click on image for larger view)

(Yellow brake wire is shown exposed.)

Can everyone who's compromising their OEM harnesses, please note so when reselling their bikes. Thanks in advance.

FYI: You can use a Admore Lighting wiring harness as a switched power source if you don't want to tap into the stock wiring harness.
Gen II / III: https://admorelighting.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=62&product_id=139

Gen I: https://admorelighting.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=62&product_id=136
You have to buy the light kit to get the tap in kit. Says so on the bottom of the page. I tapped mine on the right hand side out of the ECU. Was really easy and I was using it to trigger my Fuze Block.

Thank you Jayke. That would be perfect! I just wish you could order the $15 part only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jayke, I noticed above that LAF plugged into the ECU. Where did you plug into? Again, Thanks for your help.

That sucks....I hate small print.

Actually I bought one for my Gen III from Premier Cycle Accessories. It's more money $26.95 but a least you can buy it.

https://www.pca-one.com/productDetail.asp?productID=4701&RetURL=search&search=brand&bikeType=&bikeMake=&bikeModel=&bikeYear=&MfgCode=ADM

Might want to get one soon if you want one. Premier Cycle Accessories is downsizing their business and will only sell their own PCA brand when they sell off their inventory.

The Admore wiring harness plugs between two existing connectors under the left side panel below the seat. The Admore wiring harness has wiring for taillights(switched power), brake lights, and both turn signals.

Jayke just wanted to say Thanks for your help. Ordered the Admore wiring harness this morning from PCA.

Bounce will be happy to know that the OEM Wiring Harness will not be compromised
smile.png

The Admore wiring harness plugs between two existing connectors under the left side panel below the seat. The Admore wiring harness has wiring for taillights(switched power), brake lights, and both turn signals.

I'd like to get one of these, however the shipping costs are more than the cost of the item!

If I knew where to get the connectors, I could probably fabricate something similar

I'd like to get one of these, however the shipping costs are more than the cost of the item!
If I knew where to get the connectors, I could probably fabricate something similar
I believe this is what you are looking for "6 Position 090 HM Connector". They come in (male/female) sets at $5.40 which includes the 'pins' however you will need a crimping tool.