womens pants & boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim T

Reaction score
Linda just got her motorcycle indorsement, she has a jacket but needs some pants & boots. She is quite short 5'2". Any recomendatins you gals or guys with wifes or so's or girlfriends that ride. Thanks Jim t

As you've probably noticed, less Women's gear exists than Men's. It's much harder to find gear for my wife (also vertically challenged) than for myself. She found that the FirstGear MeshTex for summer, and MotoBoss (from CycleGear) winter pants work best for her.

I'd recommend that you check out the website New Enough motorcycle clothing/accessories

I have noticed that because one of the owners is a woman, they seem to offer a better than average selection for the ladies, and their pricing and service can't be beat!

Check them out...

Don

Edit to add: One of the excellent features of the site is the very good job they do in describing the article being looked at. I've found that the descriptions are very accurate and give good sizing info and features. They also aren't bashful to mention any negatives about the product, unlike any other site I've found.

Their return policy and customer satisfaction are very good.

My "Favorites" link to them is set to default to the "Closeouts" section where some steals can be found from time to time... (Sorry this reads like an advertisement, but this is a really good resource)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wife-unit is a 5-footer and got some Olympia air-mesh pants a few years ago. Pretty versatile and 'short' enough. We've done a fair amount of cool and wet weather riding and they've worked well.

Ask Bust. I hear he frequently cross dresses, he says it makes him feel purdee. :dribble:

First Gear mesh pants are real nice, and come in short lengths too. They run true to size, so whatever dress size she wears, that size pants should fit.

Olympia mesh are nice too. They have the warm liners so can be an all year around pair of pants. The zippers don't go all the way to the hem, so they can easily be shortened if necessary. The knee pads are movable too which is a nice feature.

Icon make some cute looking gear. I have one of their jackets and it has REAL protection in it.

I also have a Tourmaster jacket which is mesh with OK armor, then has a weatherproof liner as well as a warm, quilted liner. That runs true to size too.

If you decide to buy on-line, do invite your good lady to try on some gear at retail outlets, to see how the sizing goes. I have womens' gear in my closet that ranges from a size S to a 2XL, depending on who makes it.

Ditto what dsmack said about New Enough. Check the closeout section; some real steals there on women's gear (e.g. Firstgear Mesh Tex pants for $85. My SO just bought a pair).

Another +1 for Newenough. As for pants, if she finds a pair that she really likes and fit well other than being too long, you can always take them to a tailor to have them shortened. I did that for a pair of pants I purchased recently but the other way around (had them let the hem out for an extra inch of length as I have a fairly long inseam). It is difficult for women to find proper fitting gear as we are all built very differently... sometimes you have to take the extra step to get just the right fit... but given that I look at it as investment in my comfort and safety, I feel it's worth the extra step. :)

Dinner is all it takes? I had to ride through a fucking snow storm......