Would Ya Look At All The FJR's For Sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GalaxyBlue

Reaction score
Geez! is everyone selling out to get the '06?? :blink: All i see is 05's for sale... Gotta love it!

I am keeping my 05! :D

my '04 with 15K has just been broken in.......sweet!!! I think I'll keep her for another year.....she is fairly accustomed to the way I handle her so there is a

nice match!!

Well, I heard they sold over 5,000 05's to the USA market, so the 10-15 or so that are up sale on this site hardly constitutes everyone or "ALL".

Also, selling it now, at the end of the riding season is a sure way to get the least amount for it, and being without a bike for 6 months seems like "biting your nose to spite your face"

I'll wait till March and see what they look and ride like then buy one off the showroom floor again if it seems worth it.

Having worked for Yamaha in 1988-89, I can tell you it takes a 3rd generation bike for them to get it to the point where most enjoy the product as stock, unless they have changed thier methodology, I may even wait till the 2008 comes out, and just keep enjoying the heck out of my 3rd gen. 05 model.

Skippy

Geez! is everyone selling out to get the '06?? :blink: All i see is 05's for sale... Gotta love it! I am keeping my 05! :D
Yeah, you don't hardly ever see the '04s for sale. There's a glut on the market on the ugly blue '05 POS. That's such a piss poor bike. :p

Ok, Ok, I ordered an '06 and my '04 will eventually be up for sale.

And yes, there is an '05 sitting on my dealer's showroom floor. I think he'd finally be ready to deal on it.

Glad I stayed with the '04 for one more year. Looking forward to see if the minor changes on the '06 make it worth the trouble.

Then of course the '07 will be red, and I'll have to get one of those... Oh, the agony...

Actually it's kinda nice to see them around. I see them a lot more now than I did two years ago. They were rarer than hen's teeth and were not that well known.

When I told some of my ole riding buddies what I was buying, most of them had not even heard of the bike.

I think this all comes with the growing popularity of the bike. Unlike when most of us bought ours, you can go to a dealer floor in a decent sized metropolitan area and see and sit on one.

:rolleyes:

MY 03 still runs great, dont see many of them so I will be keeping it, cant afford to upgrade...but when I can another FJR will be it.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's definitely a buzz around the 06's that has a fair number of folks willing to take a $2K-$3K hit (more if they upgrade to the AE) to have the latest/greatest. Since the weather is going downhill, they figure "Why not dump the 05 now and be ready to take delivery in the spring?"

I'm sure we're seeing some downward pressure on prices because of this. Where a six-month-old current-year bike with a few K miles normally might be worth only $1K-$1.5K or so less than the new price, I suspect the 05 to 06 flippers are going to take bigger hits. I think once these early adapters get out of the way, we'll see a very normal market for the 05's.

Personally, while I love getting the latest, I've been down the road of flipping bikes every year or two to stay on the bleeding edge and it's an expensive way to pay for generally minor and incremental improvements, especially if you have invested anything in accessories. The bikes don't really change that much - the mfgs, especially the Japanese, are very adept at generating demand and making you feel like your current bike is obsolete. That's the downside to Yamaha's aggressive development program for the FJR - it will result in earlier obsolescence, more like the Japanese sportbikes, where a two-year old model is(wrongly) considered to be obsolete.

- Mark

There's definitely a buzz around the 06's that has a fair number of folks willing to take a $2K-$3K hit (more if they upgrade to the AE) to have the latest/greatest.  Since the weather is going downhill, they figure "Why not dump the 05 now and be ready to take delivery in the spring?"
I'm sure we're seeing some downward pressure on prices because of this.  Where a six-month-old current-year bike with a few K miles normally might be worth only $1K-$1.5K  or so less than the new price, I suspect the 05 to 06 flippers are going to take bigger hits.  I think once these early adapters get out of the way, we'll see a very normal market for the 05's.

Personally, while I love getting the latest, I've been down the road of flipping bikes every year or two to stay on the bleeding edge and it's an expensive way to pay for generally minor and incremental improvements, especially if you have invested anything in accessories.  The bikes don't really change that much - the mfgs, especially the Japanese, are very adept at generating demand and making you feel like your current bike is obsolete.  That's the downside to Yamaha's aggressive development program for the FJR - it will result in earlier obsolescence, more like the Japanese sportbikes, where a two-year old model is(wrongly) considered to be obsolete.

- Mark
Well put. :good:

Im keepin' my 05' till at least the 07's (red or black)are available.I think it's gonna take a year or so to fine tune the new tweeks, and for the aftermarket suppliers to catch up. That and the fact mine will be paid for by next summer. Might also have to look into the new FZ-1 as well.

I'm with ya SGOAT, think they'll have the bugs worked out by then, plus all of the 06 autos nobody bought...

I live in slc, ut and used fjr's don't come around much, but there has been three or four in every paper for three weeks.

I went a different route. I drove my '05 into a heard of deer to make it an easier decision.

The new toys are always cool and the electronic shift intrigues me, but I think I will keep my 05. Maybe we will get to see an FJR with a factory cruise control in the future. That would get my money.

I'm keeping the 05.

Although tempted, I've got warranty on this pup till "09; and, I'm just getting this one the way I want her. I've had no heat issues, and so far, here no ticky.

I shopped the 06 a bit - hell, the temptation part is the best part!

But, for an additional 3K+, I just don't see it.

One of my concerns with the '06 is all that ducting and adjustments in the plastic. My 05 had a lot of squeaks and rattles in the tupperware. I had to disassemble and apply double-sided foam tape to isolate the panels.

Since the weather is going downhill, they figure "Why not dump the 05 now and be ready to take delivery in the spring?"
- Mark
Weather going downhill????? It's just beginning to cool down in the Hill Country. It will probably become unbearably cold in a couple months. You know high 40's or so in January. But hey, this thing has a great heater, that is if I remove the Cromeit fix. :p

I'm keeping my 05 as well. No heat issues for me either, and I don't need the adjustable seat and bars. Most interesting for me is the wider ratio trans. But not enough to buy one. If I had an 03 or 04, the temptation to have a FAST bike might make me get one, but since I already have a blue one, I'll sit tight a few years. :lol: