Wrecked the '15 already

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that ALL?? That's all the damage you did? Shit man...You're good to go!! Seriously, don't stress that. Now it's just yours. AT least you got that first scratch out of the way. I'm with BO above. I'm wondering if you hit ice.

So sorry to read this RFH. Gives me that sick feeling in the stomach. But so glad that you're going to be OK. As we know the bike is repairable. Most importantly you weren't hurt too bad.

So give it a little rest and heal up. Don't beat yourself up too much either. Accidents happen to everybody.

Looking forward to a bunch of new ride reports from you next year.

I am so sorry to hear of this news. I am glad to hear that you are mostly alright though. The rib will heal. Eventually time will lessen the sting of this unfortunate event.

You'll get better and the bike will too. Still, I know that at this time, it still hurts physically and emotionally.

Don't get down on yourself. You deserve good things. Hang in there.....

Unbelievable...

I'm glad you are ok.

Truly sorry about your bike.

A little while from now you are going to look at your bike, or the spot it tipped, and you are gonna shake your head, say to yourself "Holy Shit...Wow"... and then you'll be past it...

That totally sucks, but it will be fixed soon enough and you will be riding with your dad just as happy as can be. Heal up soon, I feel your pain.

Sounds like a black ice event to me. We'll be watching out for the stuff from last week until about May. My FJR came out looking good as new after the insurance adjuster went over it listing every itty bitty thing wrong and replacing it.

Don't worry, Be Happy!

RFH, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY to read this! I know you have waited for a very long time to pull the trigger on this bike. Try not to stress to much about it, it is after all just a bike and can be fixed back to new condition. The truly important thing is that your in good enough shape to post up.

Good JUJU sent for fast recovery for the both of you.

Greg

Can almost guarantee you hit ice ... Going slowly around a corner you usually treat more firmly? Even the worst OEM tires don't explain that.

Anyhow, glad you are okay, if a little "tender" in places.

I hear your wife placed an ad on Craigslist:

"For Sale .... Slightly used 2015 Yamaha FJR1300. Scratches will buff out.

Call XXX-XXX-XXXX ... If a man answers, hang up"

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch.. that really sucks moist ass cheese. Get well and get it fixed.. All will be fine...

Smitty

Damn, Redfish. I'm stunned. But, I'm with Zilla on this one. The rib and hand will heal up just fine and those scratches are Nothing to sweat over. That bike will be in showroom condition in no time at all. Bright side: You've got one hell of a story to tell your friends over some ice cold beers! Heal up quick and remember, it's just plastic! :D

RH,

Heal up bro, the bike can now be ridden. The broken rib is just nature's way of saying fix & farkle.

Very sorry about the whole thing though. Is the ST gone now? I can only imagine your pain… time will pass

and soon you will be able to chuckle over the incident… well at least roll your eyes and shake your head.

It hurts to read this, RFH; my heart goes out to you. From experience, take it easy on the rib for awhile; stay away from "comedians", and don't sneeze or cough either. . .

major suck but glad to hear you aren't seriously hurt :) It will take some time, but at some point you will be able to laugh at it.

Sorry to hear about the injury and damage to new FJR. Painful just to read it! Glad you will be OK and the bike can be fixed of course as others have said. Don't let this discourage you from the awesome FJRs. All the best for the healing process.

Mostly, Im impressed with you having the balls to post this so quickly.

Dont know if I could muster that so fast.

Very sorry to hear about this, I too was waiting for the punchline.

Keep thinking positive, and heal fast, this WILL pass.

Damage looks minimal.....

Ice for sure. But when the wheel goes, it goes quick, don't it????

Damage doesn't look too bad. A plastic piece, a stator cover, and a side case. Mirror???

Rib injury sucks. I've never broken one, but I came close, falling on a bedpost back in the 70s. if that could have hurt more, I'm glad I didn't go through it!!!!

So do we anoint you as the first '15 Crash Club member???

This has to be some type of record for the 15 owners, perhaps you're number 1 in the crash dept.

Doesn't help much but shit happens fast and nothing you could have done once it was going down. Heal fast and correctly Red.

I agree, black ice and totally unexpected mid-November in the South.

I think it's safe to say you're number 1 to report a 2015 low side. I really do think that will buff out, but sorry.

When I saw the thread title I thought you were up to some kinda BS shenanigans. Clicked on and my heart sank. Awwww shit! I was and still am excited for you getting a spankin' new '15. I'm anticipating some great ride reports with you and your Pop both mounted on FJRs. What a crappy bump in the road. So glad you weren't hurt too bad.

Oh yeah, avoid sneezing at all costs for a while. DAMHIK Good thoughts sent your way.