• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB 2006 Left Mirror

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one, but it has some scratches on it. If you are interested, I can send pictures.

Regards,

Davy

I've been looking around the net for a replacement RS mirror for my 06. There are of course a ton of dealers and vendors who have them listed (at greatly varying prices).

The best deal I found was from www.partshark.com (877) 999-5686

$58.78 for either Right or Left with $9.50 S&H. That's a 40% discount!

I called to find status of "In Stock" or not... like most of the others, they would have to get from Yamaha warehouse. Jason took a moment to confirm that the mirror was in stock at w'house. Is having it drop shipped from there.

I'm still in denial about the loss of my #1 "Go to Guy" Gary McCoy, most recently of Mondak Motorsports. I sure hope he has landed on his feet somewhere that will appreciate him. What a wonderful resource he was! :clapping:

Good luck with your search!

Don

I've been looking around the net for a replacement RS mirror for my 06. There are of course a ton of dealers and vendors who have them listed (at greatly varying prices).

I called to find status of "In Stock" or not... like most of the others, they would have to get from Yamaha warehouse. Jason took a moment to confirm that the mirror was in stock at w'house. Is having it drop shipped from there.

I'm still in denial about the loss of my #1 "Go to Guy" Gary McCoy, most recently of Mondak Motorsports. I sure hope he has landed on his feet somewhere that will appreciate him. What a wonderful resource he was! :clapping:

Don

Thanks, Don.

Don

And they want $94.09 for the mirror for the 2007! I just need the glass (left side) so I might order the '06 if I can't find an auto glass place that can cut a decent mirror from the correct (convex, not flat) stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
And they want $94.09 for the mirror for the 2007! I just need the glass (left side) so I might order the '06 if I can't find an auto glass place that can cut a decent mirror from the correct (convex, not flat) stock.

I thought that you could not just replace the glass on an '06 FJR. Is it different for the '07?

I thought that you could not just replace the glass on an '06 FJR. Is it different for the '07?
Yamaha doesn't sell the glass but it is just a friction fit into the frame in the housing. Could be removed by softening the plastic with a hairdryer (or by smacking it with a Kamakaze bird). I found an auto glass shop that cut a replacement from the correct convex glass stock. Cost me $30. The replacement fits well but they added some of the black adhesive stuff to the back because a manually cut mirror won't have the same tight friction fit as the original. The replacement is slightly tinted compared to the right side but the curvature is a good match. Could have been worse - the crow that took out the glass in the mirror could have hit the windshield or fairing instead - or even my helmet!

Ross