• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: Right saddlebag first generation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.P.

Reaction score
I'm assuming all the saddlebags fit the same from the first gen bikes, and possibly even the second gen bikes, but most likely just different color covers. All I need is the inner part of the bag itself, and not the cover. Here's my situation:

I was riding home the other day and something flew up and hit my leg, and then smacked my right saddlebag. It put a hole in both the inner layer and outer layer of the black plastic (ie all the way through) but didn't leave anything inside the bag, so I'm assuming it was a piece of wood or something. Luckily it put a hole in only the flat part on the "top front" of the right bag (where it slopes down from the top) rather than the angled part in front.

I am planning on patching it with some ABS, but I got to wondering if anyone had a severely rashed bag that was still intact other than the painted cover. My biggest concern is just being able to use the bags, and I can't without patching this one. I figured that if someone had the inside part that they wanted to get rid of for cheap since the cosmetics are beyond repair, it might be worth buying. If it turns out that this is too expensive of an option for me, I guess I'll have to just live with a patch for now.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey JP,

If you find an 03 silver saddlebag in good shape... I'd split the cost with you. I soft landed on the right side and while the bag works, the lid looks ugly. I guess I could have it repainted and all... anyway, let me know.

Hey JP,
If you find an 03 silver saddlebag in good shape... I'd split the cost with you. I soft landed on the right side and while the bag works, the lid looks ugly. I guess I could have it repainted and all... anyway, let me know.
I'll keep an eye out for one! And let me know if you find one, and we can figure it out.

I'm assuming all the saddlebags fit the same from the first gen bikes, and possibly even the second gen bikes, but most likely just different color covers. All I need is the inner part of the bag itself, and not the cover. Here's my situation:
I was riding home the other day and something flew up and hit my leg, and then smacked my right saddlebag. It put a hole in both the inner layer and outer layer of the black plastic (ie all the way through) but didn't leave anything inside the bag, so I'm assuming it was a piece of wood or something. Luckily it put a hole in only the flat part on the "top front" of the right bag (where it slopes down from the top) rather than the angled part in front.

I am planning on patching it with some ABS, but I got to wondering if anyone had a severely rashed bag that was still intact other than the painted cover. My biggest concern is just being able to use the bags, and I can't without patching this one. I figured that if someone had the inside part that they wanted to get rid of for cheap since the cosmetics are beyond repair, it might be worth buying. If it turns out that this is too expensive of an option for me, I guess I'll have to just live with a patch for now.

Thanks!
Just a little bump... Been a while since I was on this forum, and I'm still looking! The hole has been covered with some Scotch Super 33+ electrical tape since this happened, and luckily I haven't gotten caught in any major storms since!

Anyone have a rashed RIGHT bag or one that they replaced sitting around?

Also, I would be willing to try to work out a deal with someone that is looking to replace a lid if you find one that is rather inexpensive...

Thanks!