• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB SW-MOTECH Engage tank bag & electrifed ring

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRydr

Reaction score
WTB to replace my Engage tank bag that was damaged by a mouse, which chewed through the zipper.

Also WTB electrified tank bag ring that bolts to the tank.

FYI - If this is your first electrified tank ring, do not wire it direct to the battery.  It will kill the battery over a few days with dark current draw if the tank bag is left attached.  Even if nothing is plugged into the tank bag.  BTDT, bought a new battery.  My circa '11 SWMotech electrified mount had directions and wiring for direct to battery wiring.  Needless to say, I changed to to a switched power source after realizing it drew significant dark current even w/o anything plugged into the tank bag port.  Too much of a pain to remove the bag every single time I stopped for the riding I was doing at the time.

Perhaps the new/current versions are better, but I wouldn't risk a direct to battery connection.

edit - there is a new one on ebay for $156.  I also use the engage size.  Scored a take off for $100 several months ago.  Good luck finding a deal.