Yamaha learned a lesson?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TILAM

Reaction score
I was at the Toronto International Motorcycle Show yesterday and the Yamaha booth had a couple of Super Tenere on display. Looks like a very nice bike that could be worth considering. While the Tenere has been on sale in Europe for a while this one is a completely redesigned bike only out there for maybe 6 months.

One was stripped of all body work to show it's innards. Four screws removes a side panel and vertually all electrics are exposed on the right hand side. I spent a lot for time looking at it and guess what I didn't see? Ground spiders. None! Is that an admission of guilt? Maybe not, but at least a lesson learned perhaps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at the Toronto International Motorcycle Show yesterday and the Yamaha booth had a couple of Super Tenere on display. Looks like a very nice bike that could be worth considering. While the Tenere has been on sale in Europe for a while this one is a completely redesigned bike only out there for maybe 6 months.

One was stripped of all body work to show it's innards. Four screws removes a side panel and vertually all electrics are exposed on the right hand side. I spent a lot for time looking at it and guess what I didn't see? Ground spiders. None! Is that an admission of guilt? Maybe not, but at least a lesson learned perhaps.
Not to hijack thread but does anyone know the valve check intervals on the tenere? My dealer doesn't know anything other than how to take a deposit. ps ground spiders on my 06 were like new. 75k miles, put new harness on for no reason.

Not to hijack thread but does anyone know the valve check intervals on the tenere? My dealer doesn't know anything other than how to take a deposit. ps ground spiders on my 06 were like new. 75k miles, put new harness on for no reason.
Valve adjustments have been reported to be required at 40,000 kilometers by the europeans, which is about 24 K miles.

While we were walking through the Seattle show, Suzuki had a new GSXR750 all stripped down detailing weight reductions, etc. Snapped a couple harness pics on what appear to be Suzuki's grounding method...

DSCN1966.jpg

DSCN1967.jpg

--G

Valve adjustments have been reported to be required at 40,000 kilometers by the europeans, which is about 24 K miles.
The engineers explaining the Tenere at the Toronto show said 40,000, so consider that confirmed.

The engineers explaining the Tenere at the Toronto show said 40,000, so consider that confirmed.
thanks ray

Thank You TILAM for this, that gave me a second confirmation on the new Super Tenere; Much Appreciated! I asked that specific question of Jerold at D & H Cycles in Cullman, Alabama before I plunked down my $1,000 deposit monies for my Super Tenere.

Jerold assured me that Yamaha would not be producing anymore Gen II ground spiders that were such a pain in the ass to so many here on our FJR Forum; I was emphatic to Jerold I would not buy, if the Super Tenere had those pieces of factory shit on it.

Last edited by a moderator: