Yamaha--Stepping Up with New Features for LD Riders!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disappointed it's an air cooled V-Twin but not surprised in the least. I'm sure that their market research had steered them in that direction; the American motorcycle pirate demographic is not a thrifty one in the least.

Yamaha, you could've had a game changer with either a version of the V4 in your current inventory, or...I dunno, taken a page from the Triumph Rocket III. Instead of the ginormous displacement of that triple, you could've made a ~1700cc longitudinally oriented triple DOHC VVT with direct injection. Either of those motors could've been made shafties. Let us not bullshit ourselves into thinking that's outside of your company's engineering capabilities.

Instead we get another "not a Harley", only now it's closer in price to one.

I like it. It's just about the same price as the already-on-the-market bikes and it lacks liquid cooling and shaft drive. Still fun to read about.

Best thing about it is that 360-degree view window in the ad. Just put your cursor off to one side and scroll the wheel on your mouse as fast as you can. Better than watching motorcycle fail videos on YouTube any day!
smile.png

OK, the other ad. Try it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, guys, guys - you all are missing one VERY important question here:

How much beer (or, in yamafitter's case, 40 Creek) can you fit into the side bags and that trunk?

I mean - c'mon, ya bunch of slackers. THIS is IMPORTANT!

And let's not forget that shape is every bit as important as overall cargo volume.

JSNS

Last edited by a moderator:
Well. It's not ugly. If I was looking for a slow traveling v-twin cruiser, that bad boy would be a serious contender.

Saves me money as I have absolutely no interest in buying one of them.

Not ugly? It's a close relative then.

It kind of reminds me of my impressions of Triumph's Rocket3 after I test rode one...I had no interest at all in buying one but if I did something really bad and my punishment was that I had to ride a cruiser (any cruiser) to the East coast and back in just a week, the Rocket would be high on my list for that trip.

Not my style, but pretty impressive bike and I'm guessing if you rode with the HD crowd and showed up on that there would be some serious envy. A lot of really cool features, probably a great 2 up touring bike.

Yamaha had all of their demo bikes at the Loudon Classic. Long wait line so I didn't get to try the new model. Looks better than in the ad pictures.

https://